Home Forums General Discussion finding a good bed?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

hi all…i am having a terrible time trying to find a bed thet is comfortable and supportive, as i am sure we all are πŸ™‚ i have always had wooden beds with slat bases and an innerspring mattress with numerous types of toppers egg shell foam, you name it i have tried it on the mattress. so i went and paid a lot of money i couldnt really afford on an ensemble with coil springs, and a memory foam topper , it seemed great for a week or so , but my pain was getting worse in my joints, and i thought πŸ˜• i wonder if this bed is doing it? as i am very weak and have not a lot of muscle tone maybe ? i also could not turn over off my back in it, felt a bit like a turtle..lol, so have gone into the spare room on a wooden bed again, somewhat better , but its so hard with arthritic hands etc etc etc, to put numerous things on and tuck in. … any suggestions much appreciated..kind regards ..di. πŸ™‚

kathy1963
    Participant

I couldnt roll over in bed. I got some satin sheets and its helped incredably.

hi kathy, appreciate your reply, the weather here is down to zero at night , but when it warms up thats a good thought πŸ™‚ , i think the main problem could be that the memory foam is too thick and soft, and i am too weak with the muscle prob.? thanks though..kind regards ..di. πŸ™‚

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Dianne – you may find this discussion from last year of interest. Lynnie

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4374&hilit=mattress

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

lynnie- thank you so much for that ,very helpful, and much appreciated..kind regards..di. πŸ™‚

Parisa
    Participant

Dianne,

The memory foam can off gas creating volatile organic compounds that you might not be able to handle. I remember there was a quite a bit of discussion about this years ago on Lymenet.

Eileen
    Participant

Hi Dianne,

It’s so hard when you can’t turn over in bed. I purchased a latex mattress and it runs hot. Very, very firm & heavy but doesn’t move around and is supportive. On top of it, I have a 2″ ventilated memory foam topper to cool it down. Try wearing rayon nightwear and get some good supima sateen sheets which will give you the slide that you’ll need to get comfortable. As far as the fingers and hands go, cannot really offer any suggestions. I know it’s agony changing the sheets or even making the bed — my kids help me with that sort of stuff. πŸ˜‰

Eileen

hi parisa, i dont know if i have lyme as yet still waiting for results? the bed seemed ok in the beginning, and as i mainly sleep on my back i didnt notice i couldnt turn over at first , however i must have been able to move somewhat on the old bed . i thought my pain is getting worse in places i hadnt experienced before, and i was going to the toilet every one and a half to two hhirs.maybe i am allergic to the memory foam as i hadnt used it before? and it was double thickness too? thanks for the input πŸ™‚ ..hi eileen, thank you so much for your suggestions, i will have to try and sell this bed now before i can get anything else to try, such a shame as i only bought this one in may this year. i will try som experiments with the old one now , all the best ..kind regards ..di. πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.