Home Forums General Discussion Finally Herxing???

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    aynurrzepa
    Participant

OK…

I have been thinking about this and wanted to get your views…

For the last one week the hand where I have 2 unhealing ulcers (not too bad but not going away completely, always returning before healing completely) was feeling swallen and warm… The affected fingers as well as the other ones are visibly thicker.. not harder bit fatter and warmer… No joint pain or anything, just a feeling of inflammed flesh (or whatever little is left of it! πŸ˜‰ )

I haven’t had this for a very long time.. I used to get something similar in the past when my ulcers were inflammed but normally my ulcers would heal (back to the stage of an uninflammed pitting scars as my fingers never totally HEAL-heal!) in not more than 45 days and the swelling from the hand would go away with that… These 2 fingers are taking over 2 years now – my absolute record…Even after I started AP… Although the rest of my body seems to get softer, these two stubborn elements would not bulge… 😑 It’s true though my middle finger is now better than it was in all these 2 years but… the hand swelling is something unusual and sort of throws the healing process back??? πŸ˜•

I was wondering…. could this be herxing? Or is it just an inflammation from the 2 fingers? Useless to ask docs as they will not know… has anybody with SD experienced anything similar?

Currently I take Mino – 100 mg BID, LDN – 4.5 mg QD, DMSO compressions – 30 min every night, systemic ensymes – 5 caps BID, PABA 500 mg QD and other supplements…

With all this you’d agree quite aggressive appoach, I am not getting many signs that something is working or I am herxing… Just ever so subtle softening overall (I have to watch if the softening continues) and now this swelling/inflammation… I’m in my 6th moth on AP, out of which 2 months on Mino…

I know I have to be patient… but I guess I am looking for signs AP and all the other meds I am taking are actually working…
    😳 Isn;t it about the right time?

I have requested Dr. S for an appointment some time next year… Waiting for the response… I feel I need to be seen by an experenced AP physician as my current GP is not interested to learn about AP (he says no time) he just does whatever I ask him to do which is very helpful of course but I am totally on my own and woudl like to have an expert’s support…

Another this which is bugging me is that Dr S asked me not to take more than 2 supplements in order not to mask effects of AP… but I cannot make myself not to… I want to try everything hopeing in complex it all will work faster and better… Well, I am sure you know what I mean…

Thanks!

Kim
    Participant

Hi Aynur,

Sorry you’re having trouble with the ulcers and swelling in your hands, scary and painful.

Just wanted to make sure you’re having your doctor monitor your kidney and liver function. In the Education section there are recommended lab tests for follow up.

As you know, ulcers are a circulation problem. Are you detoxing, such as in an infrared sauna? Saunas are so beneficial for SD people because they improve your circulation, reduce inflammation, remove toxins, and help fight infection……..all good. πŸ˜‰

Take care…….kim

aynurrzepa
    Participant

Hi Kim,

yes, I get my liver and kidneys checked every 3 months – everything is perfect…

The swelling is not like from fluid reteintion, it’s more inflammatory… But it subsided now, swelling gone down and the ulcers continues healing although not quite there yet…

Re detoxing – I cannot do lemon olive oil drink as lemons are not too good for me, but I drink plenty of water, sometimes herbal detox infusions, I take detox supplements, coconut oil but not yet infrared sauna. With all expenses (I also cover my diabetic cancer survivor mum’s medical expenses and she has no insurance) and the sauna not being available in market here, i cannot just yet afford it πŸ™ My hubby is getting a better job, so maybe then πŸ˜‰

Cheers!,
    Aynur

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.