Home Forums General Discussion Finally feeling better!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

[user=2422]Healer[/user] wrote:

The guy who has been treating me since the get-go has had a great deal of success with MS. He views autoimmune as autoimmune and not so important which it is. He told me of statistics about a high percentage of MSers having a sick cat shortly before their getting the symptoms. His sister was one of these. His Mom had RA so it is definitely in his family. Now the cat thing is interesting… He would also say D has a lot to do with autoimmune period. He has RA and he feels he's at his best at 20,000 D. He can even eat nightshades then and prior even some mashed potatoes or 3 French Fries would turn his wrists into glass so that he could not do his chiro work.

Cheryl, this IS really interesting….I'm think bartonella with the cat connection…and, of course, bartonella is a coinfection of Lyme disease! Cats can pass bartonella to humans (not necessarily via a cat scratch) but via biting fleas and ticks. Your doc may be interested in this connection and I'd be interested in his reaction if you are able to show him the MS/Lyme study and incidence maps. Did you catch the last RBF eBulletin with info on new research into bartonella by a rheumy in MA? He comments that (various strains of) bartonella may be an important infectious cause of RA.

https://www.roadback.org/emailblasts/ebulletin_spring10.html

I am with you re: Vit D…sitting in the sun has always been like popping a couple of Advil to me – in winter I supplement with Vit D3. Would also account for fall and spring flares RAers tend to experience. Vit D has steroidal properties…it's a seco-steroid. So, it's little wonder it has some palliative effects…also synergistic with calcium absorption. Interestingly, one of the props of tetras is the chelation of minerals in the body. In the Scammell book, he discusses NIH studies that were done on mice with mino whereby mino caused T-cell dysfunction by forcing uptake excessive amounts of calcium, thereby causing them to malfunction….one of the immune-modulating props of tetras. Trials on minocycline with MS have also been very promising.

http://mssociety.ca/en/releases/nr_20071025_faq.htm

Enjoy your herbal body wrap today! Sounds blissful!

Peace, Maz

PS Jeni – just realized I probably hijacked your thread! Apologies!!! :blush:

Healer
    Participant

Hi Maz,
    I sent the Map article and the “cat” article off to my guy. I also will be interested to hear what he thinks…..Course I know he is a little peeved at me for moving over to AP, but I need better results. I am definitely not into suffering. The lowness even had me stop the things I would recommend to my clients and that is a real education, but a shame.

Maz
    Keymaster

I sent the Map article and the “cat” article off to my guy. I also will be interested to hear what he thinks…..Course I know he is a little peeved at me for moving over to AP, but I need better results. I am definitely not into suffering. The lowness even had me stop the things I would recommend to my clients and that is a real education, but a shame.

Looking fwd to hearing what he thinks, Cheryl. I can equate to your last comment, too….sort of becomes a situation of “healer heal thyself,” and if unwell, this will surely affect this kind of work. Ultimately, all doctors are just paid consultants and it's up to us to get proactive, do the research and follow our guts on what we feel is right for our health. I hope it won't be long till you're on the up and up again. You're such a bright spirit, I can't see much of anything keeping you down for long. 🙂

Peace, Maz

Seaside Shell
    Participant

Hi Jeni,

I am so glad to hear how well you are doing!  I have not yet begun AP but have an appointment with my rheumatologist on Sept. 7th.  He is located in Everett, WA and apparently is willing to use AP to treat RA.:roll-laugh:

If you like, I can forward his name in a PM.

Thanks also for sharing your experience regarding the dosages.  I am a bit nervous about this so I really appreciate your input.

Take Care,

Shelley

Britton1
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    I'm kinda late on this discussion but I'm new to this whole thing. Jeni, that is so great you are doing well. I joined for and with my Mom. She was on mino. 100mg twice daily everyday for eight months while she weaned of pred. We got off the pred. and a few weeks later she had a flare and developed nodules. We then switched to zithro. 500mgs everyday and the nodules disappeared. She has since been in the hosp. a couple times and recovered well but the visits involved some potent iv antibiotics. This has set the process back some but we are fixing to start 100mgs of mino. mwf and 250 zitro tth.

I saw you were taking Collagen type ii she actually just took her first dose tonight. We saw some studies and they looked promising. I was wondering if you are still taking the collagen and how its working?
    Best wishes everyone!
    Britton

links on Collagen:

http://www.american-longevity.com/denverpost.htm

http://www.naturalproductsmarketplace.com/articles/2003/01/david-e-trentham-md.aspx

Jeni
    Participant

Hi Shelley and Britton,

Sorry, Shelley, I haven't been on in a while and didn't get a notice that you replied to my post. I am still doing well and would love it if you would send me a pm with your doctor's name. I still need to find a rheumatologist, but my new family doctor is totally willing to help me with the minocycline! I was so happy when I saw her on Wednesday! She is completely open and very interested in AP, and will help me with it. She just wants me to find a rheumatologist just in case things stop working.

Britton, I am still on the type II collagen and I am planning to keep taking it. I have been on it for about 2 months now. I can't tell how much it helps because I went on it about the same time that I changed my mino dosage to everyday. I did see a study somewhere where three people went into complete remission after being on it for several months! I know that my RA reacts to gluten and dairy, so I think that there is some connection with my gut, and feel that the type II collagen is something worth trying for a while. Also, apparently, there are no side effects with it, so I will keep on it for the time being. Hope that your mom feels better soon!

Thanks for the kind wishes,

Jeni

Healer
    Participant

Hey Maz,
    I didn't forget you. John wrote that he read the article and thanked me, but not what he thought. I've e-mailed him that I and others would like to know what he thinks….we'll see.
    I have been on AP a month and Armour Thyroid a month. I am definitely better!!!! Hoop La La La La & Whoopdedo.
    I am waiting for that remission. I seem to need more sleep, but I am not sooo low. It is a pleasure to feel better. I can spend time manifesting for the business. 😉
    How are you these days!

Joy,
    Cheryl

Cherie
    Participant

I was just wondering back in the days when people use to completely cover their bodies up, only their faces were bare. Were these diseases rampant back than?

Parisa
    Participant

Cherie,

One other factor to look into regarding historic sun exposure and disease level is that many people used to take  cod liver oil which has Vit D in it.

Healer
    Participant

Maz
    I got John's response:

“The autoimmune syndromes are caused by this same family of germs (bartonella) in 94% of the cases in my opinion. Whether MS or RA or ALS or fibromyalgia or etc. is genetically determined by where a person's “sticky proteins” lie. IF NO STICKY BODY PROTEINS THEN NO HARM GETS DONE even if infected. If myelin sheath, then MS , if cartilage then RA (or RA-like syndrome) , if spinal cord regions then ALS, if muscle tissues than fibromyalgia, if hyelin cartilgae then LUPUS. This family of germs releases little plasmid particles in abundance when threatened and the plasmids CAN (but do not have to) stick.”

Maz
    Keymaster

Maz
    I got John's response:

“The autoimmune syndromes are caused by this same family of germs (bartonella) in 94% of the cases in my opinion. Whether MS or RA or ALS or fibromyalgia or etc. is genetically determined by where a person's “sticky proteins” lie. IF NO STICKY BODY PROTEINS THEN NO HARM GETS DONE even if infected. If myelin sheath, then MS , if cartilage then RA (or RA-like syndrome) , if spinal cord regions then ALS, if muscle tissues than fibromyalgia, if hyelin cartilgae then LUPUS. This family of germs releases little plasmid particles in abundance when threatened and the plasmids CAN (but do not have to) stick.”

Hi Healer,

Thanks for sharing your doc's interesting insights on bartonella. WOW! I wonder where he got his statistic of 94% from? Did he share that with you, too? Sounds like he believes bartonelloisis is the major infectious player in “AI” diseases? The rheumy LLMD doing the extensive patient case series on rheumatics in conjunction with the veterinary surgeon at SC University (see Spring eBulletin link above) may have been conservative in his estimate, but he felt the stat for bartonelloisis was more like 20%. 😕 

Has your doc shared what treatment he recommends for chronic bartonellosis. Is he using the fluroquinolones or rifampin?

Peace, Maz

PS Did he have any remarks regarding the MS/Lyme connection and incidence maps above?

Healer
    Participant

Hi Maz,
    John is a Chiro….no prescriptions.
    He does say, “in his opinion”. He has studied a lot because of family, self and patient needs.

He says the “family of germs” rather than Bartonella, but similar germs. He treats autoimmune as autoimmune, with some variation for diseases I assume and he has success. His remedies are natural. I have been a bit of a challenge for him.

If your brother or others want to speak with him, I think he would be open. He's easy.

I can give you his info if you'd like.

Joy,
    Cheryl

Healer
    Participant

Hey,
    Glad you are feeling better! I am also. I am on my 2nd month of Doxy and I can feel the incremental improvements….stronger on my bike, head clearer, hands better, knees less painful.
    We're coasting to full Remission..just see that in front of you! Always. Never fear HOPE and wellness thoughts……….visualize it and give thanks.

I see myself rising out of a chair normally…along with descending steps normally……Yeah!

Joy,
    Cheryl

Maz
    Keymaster

John is a Chiro….no prescriptions.
    He does say, “in his opinion”. He has studied a lot because of family, self and patient needs.

He says the “family of germs” rather than Bartonella, but similar germs. He treats autoimmune as autoimmune, with some variation for diseases I assume and he has success. His remedies are natural. I have been a bit of a challenge for him.

If your brother or others want to speak with him, I think he would be open. He's easy.

I can give you his info if you'd like.

Ah, thanks for clarifying, Cheryl. 🙂

Also appreciate your suggestion to refer your doc to my brother. Alas, he is in Canada, but he is signed up to have the CCSVI procedure (privately) in Albany within the next few months, so we're hoping this will give him some quality of life back and, at the very least, halt progression…even if there is too much neuro damage to repair now.

Thanks for sharing, Cheryl, and so glad to hear you're doing so well on your doxy!

Peace, Maz

Healer
    Participant

Maz,
    I just looked up this CCSVI info that I was not familiar with.
    My best to your brother. I feel for his misery and all the others with these diseases.
    If he'd like a hypnosis script for this venture, I'd be willing to write one up for him after some basic information. Hypnosis is so powerful in autoimmune.

Cold and windy in MN today. Where did the recent summer go?

Blessings,

Cheryl

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘ Finally feeling better!’ is closed to new replies.