Home Forums General Discussion Feeling of torn muscles

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sandy
    Participant

I have RA/Lyme and have experienced escruciating sudden muscular pain mainly in my upper leg above the knee for the past 3 days–I did get a steroid/ozone injection a week ago for full pain in the hip; went to PT a day later and did fine walking in a walker, Standing etc, did have family stress issues, and then now I’m unable to get up from a chair without pain or get up from bed in the AM without great pain. I’m only on 100 Mg Celebrex 2/day and 4 mg prednisone and 100 mg minocin MWF. I’ve tried a heat pad and had been trying 60 mg/day CBD oil for 2 months–cannot tell if it really helps. I couldn’t tolerate MTX so now am in a holding pattern. The RA doc just looked at X-rays and said I have no cartilage so biologics probably won’t help and not worth the risk. I saw him a 3-5 weeks ago before my pain. Any advice?

CMS12
    Participant

Hi Sandy – How long have you been on minocycline? It takes awhile. I had such severe knee problems. Not hip, but I can tell you that I rode it out because I was just sure the problems were all RA. Of course you have Lyme but it seems to be manifesting like RA. It took at least six months of pretty severe pain and restrictions but in the end it all leveled out. Mobility returned and swelling and pain decreased. Anyway, hope that helps. Hang in there. Scary symptoms but AP works for sure.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.