Home Forums General Discussion Feeling Confused

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Arth26
    Participant

Hi All,
    I

mary77
    Participant

Hello! Glad you are here!

My opinion is to get on the minocin ASAP! I have been ill with arthritis for 30+ years. Ten years after a tick bite, I was finally diagnosed with Lyme disease. Minocin was the reason I improved tremendously during the early years of treatment. Unfortunately, I stopped the minocin during a time when my treatment was changed to IV therapy. It has been difficult for me to regain the improvements minocin gave me. I believe the earlier the treatment, the better the outcome. I also suggest looking at this treatment as “indefinite”. If pulsed, low dosed antibiotics work, then the more toxic treatments can be avoided. I hope this works out for you!

Pauyen
    Participant

You are not crazy to be complaining. If you didnt complain, nothing would ever get done.

Im with Mary and I would guess many other people here. I wish I knew about and started AP as soon as the trouble started, would have saved so much heartache and potentially alot of income. If your not happy with your current treatment Id say get a second opinion from another AP doc, if possible, someone highly recommended from here. And/Or get the relevant material about starting AP treatment asap and take it back to your current AP doc and push hard for it.

Best of luck to ya!

Parisa
    Participant

Unfortunately, sometimes the first doctor isn’t the right match even if they are on an AP list. I second the motion to push your current AP doctor to prescribe the minocin. Meanwhile, you can start looking to find someone more suitable. If your Lyme tests come back positive, I would look for an LLMD ( and even if they come back negative).

marg
    Participant

I can tell you that my adult daughter was able to start minocin about 3 months after a sudden, severe onset of RA. The results were nothing short of amazing. We believe that the early use of Minocin was key. BTW, my daughter was on conventional meds for 3 months (methotrexate) which did reduce the inflammation ( and made her hair fall out). We think the inflammation being lessened may have helped the Minocin be so effective. Now, many years later, she still takes a maintenance dose and is in remission with no symptoms at all.
    marg

bonnielou
    Keymaster

You are not crazy Arth26, you are wise. Early intervention can make a difference, even classic rheumatologists agree with that. I started AP within 8 months of my serious symptoms, and I have also had great results. It is very common to use multiple drugs to battle RA — you can stay on the sulfasalazine for now, and insist on AP. Let us know how it goes.

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Arth26
    Participant

Thanks so much, everyone. Your encouragement led me to call my dr yesterday, and long story short, I just took my first 50 mgs of minocycline this morning. I plan to scale out of the sulfasalazine slowly (slower than the dr wants, but I don

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.