Home Forums General Discussion Fascinating Paper – EBV, Vit D deficiency and Autoimmunity

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hopefulmama
    Participant

I’m busy tracking down viruses at the moment.

Found this exceptionally interesting paper… it doesn’t help my personal situation as, when I had my CD4/CD8 ratio tested, my CD8 cells turned out to be high, not low… but for countless others on this board, his ideas have the potential to be of huge significance. Most folks on our board suffer from a myriad of autoimmune diseases where the CD4 cells are high and the CD8 cells are low. This paper discusses in great depth the relationship between Epstein-Barr Virus, Vitamin D deficiency and the development of various autoimmune diseases.

I’m guessing this man’s hypothesis is not up Trevor Marshall’s alley… but definitely worth a read, if only to provoke thought and discussion! It offers ideas for future treatment including the potential use of antivirals…

CD8+ T-Cell Deficiency, Epstein-Barr Virus Infection, Vitamin D Deficiency, and Steps to Autoimmunity: A Unifying Hypothesis
    Michael P. Pender (2012)
    1School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
    2Department of Neurology, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, Brisbane, QLD 4029, Australia

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ad/2012/189096/

crowchez
    Participant

Very interesting, especially since I have EBV in my pathogen closet. What a nasty little sucker. 😈 I’m already taking my vitamin D & as much sunshine as this mild winter has given us. I also found the vitamin C links that A Friend posted about recently to shed some light on EBV (have since upped my dose). Thanks for posting!

jaminhealth
    Participant

I keep my EBV numbers DOWN by taking Olive Leaf Extract daily and have been for years…in the early yers, I took 1000mg per day and now take 500mg…I’m told from docs, that just about everyone carries EBV in their bodies….glad I never went the anti-viral pharma drug route….jam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.