Home Forums General Discussion Families/children travelling to CT or MA for appts.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Eileen
    Participant

Hello everyone,

This forum seems to be getting more compassionate by the day and wanted to add the touch to help keeping it that way; just want to offer to people travelling alone, or with children in the CT & MA area — are more than welcome to stay in my home. There’s plenty of space here. Hotels/motels, meals, etc., can really rack up the expenses in addition to the costly MD visits and whatnot.

Hope this might help some of you.

Eileen

laurawm
    Participant

Eileen,

I think this is a wonderful gesture. Wouldn’t it be amazing if we could put together a network of homes and services all over the world for people who are seeking out alternative treatments but are having a hard time coordinating it and/or financing? There would need to be guidelines/checks/verifications of course, but maybe it could be something like the AP doctor list where moderators e-mail a list to people who inquire and need to travel for treatment. Just a thought. I’ll be moving to Asheville, NC in August where there are several good alternative treatment options for autoimmune diseases and would find it so meaningful to be able to house and help fellow patients in any way possible. Thanks for making the gesture.

God bless,
    Laura

Parisa
    Participant

Eileen,

This is very generous of you. Thank you for opening your home and heart to others.

Maz
    Keymaster

Eileen, you’re a true blessing. 🙂

Eileen
    Participant

Hi girls,

And you’re welcome. 😉 I clearly remember the days of travelling — driving, ferries, driving some more, the drs. visit, hotels, meals and toting a 3 yr. old with me when we were both so sick. It got so costly that I would do the trip in one day — a 16 hour stint from start to finish. Not a lot of fun. I was wiped out.

So…really for anyone in need of a place to stay, a comfy bed, and some good food — my hand is reaching out to you.

Eileen

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Setting up a network of housing is a fantastic idea.Count me in if anyone is coming to Ottawa to see Dr. A.We live an hour 15 ,in from her office which really is not much considering the distances people here have to travel.I can take in 3-4 people,great cook,country peace and pets galore and more welcome if you need to bring yours.
    Lynne

Eileen
    Participant

This is wonderful. Looks like I started something. So…will talk to Maz about how to get this moving. In the meantime, if someone needs a reference about me, talk to Maz or Maz.aust. My home can accommodate 4 people and/or children comfortably. I’m in the quiet country too. Pedi Dr. J is 1 1/4 hrs. from me. As for the other drs. in CT or MA or RI, the same distance or even closer. I too have pets. Very clean home overlooking a lake and close to all major highways in MA.

Eileen

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.