Home Forums General Discussion Experienced users of LDN

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chrysalis
    Participant

Hi could someone clarify what this actually does, tried to find it in this site but no luck-read the LDN site but still confused. Does LDN reduce pain how does it work with AP, how is it prescribed or obtained, side effects etc. Would appreciate any advice. Regards chrysalis

aynurrzepa
    Participant

Hi there

I take LDN. Since I started that + AP + systemic enzymes (over 6 months) plus Vit D, I did not have a slightest cold or infection of any sort despite the flu season etc so I think it’s working although I’m yet to see results for my SD.

This theory goes that endorphines play a major role in our immune system health. remember: laughter cures? being stress free helps avoid deceases? etc? I think there is sufficient evidence in our history (both medical and non-medical) proving what major role endorphines (hormomes of happiness) play in our health.

It works by numbing endorphine receptors in your brain so that your brain thinks not enough or no endorphins are produced (by brain itself by in some other part of it) so your brain starts producing more endorphins than normal giving your immune system a huge boost to overcome whatever problems it’s facing.

LDN is recommended at bedtime because brain is at it’s best producing endorphines bewtween 9 pm and 1 pm. Another reason to believe in how LDN works – don’t they say: early sleep cures? Or referrals to “beauty sleep”? Most importnat to sleep in those hours to get the required re-generation.

chrysalis
    Participant

Thanks for your reply it sounds promising, if you have the time could you tell me if you think this reduces pain or it acts more on a mental level of making you feel better, I still can’t quite get a sense of it from the information and there are so many things that people use that I am not sure what to try first. Again thanks for being in touch. chrysalis

aynurrzepa
    Participant

Hi again

Actually it works on physical level as well as mental level. The inflammation, pain, stiffness etc reduce, go away (as per the success stories), general state of happiness and better mood settles in, lifting depression off. As the immune system kicks in, it kills off the deceases casuing microbes so herxing is also to be expected. Taking LDN in combination with AP therapy enhances the effect of the abx therapy, making it work faster and more effectively. The inventors of the LDN therapy say taking LDN alone could be sufficient but I think it would be a slower process.

Take care!

vera
    Participant

Hi Chrysalis,

I, too, use LDN. It’s one medication that really works for me – especially some of my AS pain. It isn’t as helpful with my psoriatic arthritis pain; however, it has so many beneficial properties that I won’t ever go off of it – if I can help it!

Lori

jaminhealth
    Participant

Didn’t work for me, I tried it for 6 months, oh how I tried…I deal with OA and FM issues. I could not deal with side effects and when I got to as much as 2.5mg, muscle and joint pains got worse for me. I finally gave up mid last year.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.