Home Forums General Discussion Excellent Reading for Putting AutoImmune into Remission

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    JohnnyMax
    Participant

Came across this Study, very interesting read and with lots of very good information. I am sure many can relate to the progression they describe on how our autoimmune issues developed and some valid methods of putting it into remission, the word “cure” is even mentioned. This is not written by some jerk, but by highly respected scientists in their fields. I hope you can put this info to good use and hopefully bring about a remission of your own issues. I would like to hear comments on this essay and maybe we can expand on it from personal experience for everyone’s benefit.

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ad/2012/189096/

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Great info john.Now let’s see what comes of it.Where do we sighn up to become a Guinea pig? hehehe

JohnnyMax
    Participant

@Lynne G./SD wrote:

Great info john.Now let’s see what comes of it.Where do we sighn up to become a Guinea pig? hehehe

Realize it or not, you signed up to be a guinea pig a long time ago, we all did. What we are doing is not mainstream medicine. I know in my case, Sjogren’s and a few other autoimmune diseases, a signature of elevated levels of interferon alpha is present in tissues. Our immune system has recognized a viral component and is mounting an attack through the use of interferon, unfortunately it is insufficient to disable it and the fight goes on, with the obvious collateral damage to our bodies. During the summer I realized this and organized an extensive protocol, one component of which was rainforest antiviral herbs I had researched. I actually had dropped the minocycline since my disease continue to progress despite having started it basically at the onset of symptoms. As of Nov 2013 I have been in remission and gone back to work. I have no symptoms any more and hopefully that is the way it will stay. I will continue to stay on my protocol as long as things remain the same. I am confident, the antiviral components of my program have certainly added to results I have achieved. I think if you are not achieving the level of wellness you should have, adding certain herbs of antiviral effect, would not be a bad idea and would enhance the other aspects of your program. Since there is no Magic Bullet, then you have to use the Shotgun approach to hit the target!

John

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hey John;
    What kind of antiviral tonic are you taking.I sure would not want to use the meds they are using for Aids.hehehe
    Is your secret potion available at health food stores?In your research did you see anything about it indirectly helping with Lyme?

JohnnyMax
    Participant

@Lynne G./SD wrote:

Hey John;
    What kind of antiviral tonic are you taking.I sure would not want to use the meds they are using for Aids.hehehe
    Is your secret potion available at health food stores?In your research did you see anything about it indirectly helping with Lyme?

Concerning Lyme, I have never looked into that, so do not know if they have any impact on it. I will ask about it. As for the antivirals, I have been using, Una de Gato, Sangre de Drago Resin and Chaparral. I rotate them. Some I get on eBay, others locally, all are easy to get. I have also added in a good dose of zinc, studies showed it enhances the effect of interferon, which as you get older is not secreted as the same level as when younger. Lot of studies in PubMed on that …

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9282827

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11506740

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11555194

Let me point out, the Sangre de Drago (Dragon’s Blood), constituents of this have been formulated by a drug company and FDA approved for certain symptoms of AIDS patients.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hey John
    The antivirals you are taking where they self prescribed or are you working with a physician. Is there a website.

marypart
    Participant

My son definitely used antivirals during his treatment, both prescription and OTC recommended by his doctor. He tested for high antibodies to Herpes Simplex Viruses both I and VI. Of course, lots of people do… but his doctor thinks these infections are chronic and for people with inflammation problems you have to get down the infectious load in the body– infections of all types, parasites, bacteria, viruses and fungi.

He did daily doses of Valcyte for awhile, and then Valtrex for a long time. He was plagued by cold sores, so the Valtrex really helped that.

He had antiviral IVs, but I don’t know what were in them…

But as for supplements that are antiviral he did:
    Monolaurin
    Curcumin/Turmeric (Meriva is probably best)
    Resveratrol
    Bromelain
    Quercitin

Some of these were combined together in variously named anti-inflammatory supplements. I can do more research if someone wants.

JohnnyMax
    Participant

@bonniesessley wrote:

Hey John
    The antivirals you are taking where they self prescribed or are you working with a physician. Is there a website.

Basically everything I am doing is my finds, from checking Pubmed. My rheumy is not too keen on alternative medicine. I tell her what I am doing, she looks it up and make notes. She is basically a conventional doctor, though she has been using minocycline for quite some time. Maybe her interaction with me will cause her to look into this stuff more, so it can help others.

JohnnyMax
    Participant

@marypart wrote:

My son definitely used antivirals during his treatment, both prescription and OTC recommended by his doctor. He tested for high antibodies to Herpes Simplex Viruses both I and VI. Of course, lots of people do… but his doctor thinks these infections are chronic and for people with inflammation problems you have to get down the infectious load in the body– infections of all types, parasites, bacteria, viruses and fungi.

He did daily doses of Valcyte for awhile, and then Valtrex for a long time. He was plagued by cold sores, so the Valtrex really helped that.

He had antiviral IVs, but I don’t know what were in them…

But as for supplements that are antiviral he did:
    Monolaurin
    Curcumin/Turmeric (Meriva is probably best)
    Resveratrol
    Bromelain
    Quercitin

Some of these were combined together in variously named anti-inflammatory supplements. I can do more research if someone wants.

That is a pretty smart doctor you have there! None of the docs I dealt with ever considered a viral aspect to these diseases, nor bacterial either, just the plain old theory of an immune system gone haywire that must be suppressed, which in the case of Sjogren’s does not work at all. IMO, you have to rev up the immune system to get any relief, if you handcuff the immune system you will let the virus multiply even more.

John

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.