Home Forums General Discussion Ever tried Silver as alternative antibiotic for RA?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RAinPA
    Participant

I have been researching AP for my RA that I was diagnosed with Dec. 2009 and was prescribed minocycline about a week ago. This past Sunday I went to a naturalist (at my husband’s request) and they want me to not take the antibiotics but instead start taking a liquid silver that acts as a natural antibiotic. Have you ever heard of this? Does it work as well as the AP?

Kim
    Participant

@RAinPA wrote:

I have been researching AP for my RA that I was diagnosed with Dec. 2009 and was prescribed minocycline about a week ago. This past Sunday I went to a naturalist (at my husband’s request) and they want me to not take the antibiotics but instead start taking a liquid silver that acts as a natural antibiotic. Have you ever heard of this? Does it work as well as the AP?

Hi RAinPA, and welcome to the Roadback forum. I noticed you are new here and may not know that we just upgraded our software system and don’t quite have all the bugs worked out just yet. The “search” function is one of them to see if there have been previous discussions. 🙁

Treating with antibiotics is the foundation of the protocol, although many people have had success supplementing with other products in addition to enhance the effect of the antibiotics. If you haven’t read, The New Arthritis Breakthrough by Henry Scammell it would help you to understand the rationale behind the protocol. There is also a lot of information for you and your doctor in the “Home” section of the board.

Welcome, and let us know what we can do to help you.

Take care…..kim

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi RAinPA, and welcome to the Roadback forum. I noticed you are new here and may not know that we just upgraded our software system and don’t quite have all the bugs worked out just yet. The “search” function is one of them to see if there have been previous discussions.

Kim, all – the search function for older posts was integrated a few days back and should be working fine now. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Participant

The problem is there are no studies that demonstate that colloidal silver is effective for RA. Minocycline is known not only to be effective in interfering with the L-form ribosomes, it is also known to enter the macrophages where the l-forms live. I’m not aware of any published studies that demonstrate that CS is effective against cell wall deficient bacteria, let alone evidence that it enters the macrophage where it needs to be to have any effect on the pathogens. Also there seems to be some controversy whether or not CS is effective in vivo (again no reliable research), whether or not commercial products contain the advertised ppm or proper sized particles, and which form is effective between the ionic and colloidal forms. I would personally stick with the tried and true minocycline, using the CS as a complimentary approach if necessary.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi RAinPA,

Just a thought, but could be that the best way to decide about colloidal silver is to join a support group for it and ask if anyone has had success for RA using it.

I have never taken it, myself, so can’t really comment with anything of value, but a concern of mine would be to look into the toxicity of it being a heavy metal. One of the problems for folk with AI diseases is that they sometimes have a high heavy metal load.

I just came across this guy’s website doing a quick search…not entirely sure what his “game” is, but it looks like he’s a natural health guru of some kind. He has some pretty frank things to say about colloidal silver and just offering this as an alternative viewpoint:

http://www.cqs.com/silver.htm

Hope you can figure this out, RAinPA! If you need support with antibiotic protocols, we’re all here to share our personal experiences of it and what we’ve learned along the way. 🙂

Davit
    Participant

Hi

My name is Davit and I have a friend dying from silver poisoning from coloidal silver, I started her on Minocin but she decided more was better with out reading the protocol. As you can imagine the herx drove her to quit doing it. She went to silver and is now an ugly shade of gray and her kidneys are giving out. She is in hospital and they are trying to get the silver out. On top of that the arthritis has come back. She can’t even do the immune suppressants because it will kill her. I know of no one that can honestly say it works in the long run. Silver has its use topically in small doses but I would never ingest it.
    Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t silver an antiviral not antibiotic?

PhilC
    Participant

@Davit wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t silver an antiviral not antibiotic?

Hi Davit,

Glad to see that you’re back. Hope you’ve been doing okay.

That’s incorrect. Silver has been used as antibiotic for years, in the form of silver nitrate eye drops, to prevent eye infections in newborn babies.

See:
    Neonatal conjunctivitis
    Go Ask Alice!: What’s up with eye drops for newborns?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

From this discussion, I wonder if coloidal silver is safe.

Jan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.