Home Forums General Discussion Essential oils and mycoplasma

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    marlowemark
    Participant

Has anyone been able to evaluate the use of essential oils to suppress or kill mycoplasma and achieve results similar to AP?

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

Hi Marlow,
    My LLMD has prescribed to me oil of wild oregano. Liposomal capsules compounded at special pharmacy. They ship it to me in a cooler.
    I pulse 2 weeks on 2 off. It def made me herx when I started it, so I think it was killing something, whether mycoplasma or otherwise.

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

April15533
    Participant

Pinkmoth, When you say you pulse 2 weeks, does that mean that you do the IV antibiotic for 14 days? I am assuming they found the myco in your blood. They did not find it in mine, but maybe they didnt do a thorough test. How did you know to pulse for 2 weeks and off 2 weeks. I have yet to start my treatment and am trying to find out as much info as possible for SD, scleroderma, and sarcoidosis.

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

I’m doing azithromycin in oral tablets form 250mg BID
    My doctor is specifically treating me for a bartonella infection and they are the one that prescribed that I pulse.

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Suzanne
    Participant

I just saw this article:
    https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2018/12/06/can-you-kill-lyme-bacteria-with-essential-oils/

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

My doc just informed me that Hopkinton Drug is now selling the liposomal oil of oregano (that he prescribes me) over the counter.
    Two 75mg capsules twice daily in two-week pulses, is what he has me on. I tolerate it well. It just kind of makes me hate the smell of oregano 😛

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.