Home Forums General Discussion Enbrel and AP

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=2]Cheryl F[/user] wrote:

This begs the question, were the bugs not completely gone or was the patient then reinfected thereby causing their individual immune system to over react? 

This can be true if we could find what host mycoplasma and to encourage it to multiply. From what I read, cholesterol plays a big host for mycoplasma.

Let me give you a parallel story of this reinfection problem. My dear friend who used to swim with me got a terrible athletic foot problem. Three years ago, she got some medication and was “completely cured”….. She was in remission for over 2 years. Just last month, she e-mailed me, saying it all came back. There must be something hosted fungi infection in her system. This can be true to mycoplasma, once we stop AP, mycoplasma can reinfect. We need to figure out how to prevent it from reinfection. Until then, we will be able to achieve the dream remission without any more medicine, even dare to say, “completely cured”.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=3]John McDonald[/user] wrote:

Per the microbial theory it is obvious, they are killing microbes. The real question for the microbial theory is why can't the antibiotics kill every last one of the microbes. That is a good and tough question.

But the Minocycline doesn't kill the bacteria, it messes with it, interferes with it, temporarily cripples it. It is up to the body's immune system to finish off the bacteria, now that it is suitably weakened.

Hi John,

I understand what you're saying and the second comment explains the first, but these two highlighted comments appear to be at odds….in the first comment, are you meaning “suppression” of microbes? 

Perhaps it wouldn't be a good thing for all microbes to be supprerssed and ultimately to be killed off by the immune system? We may never know, because no one's body is sterile, but, if it was possible, a sterile body might present its own set of issues.

[user=3]John McDonald[/user] wrote:

Bell's Palsy for 36 hours and on and on to today as well. IF I am still killing microbes, and I think I am, then where did these hide during classic AP? What I am on now is essentially still AP.

Just to play devil's advocate here a bit ;)…maybe they were and are still hiding in those little Lyme cysts?  Antibiotics don't touch the cystic form of Lyme and it appears they can elude even the healthiest immune system for many years. As MP is said to treat the microbial soup (including Lyme and all its friends), does TM suggest anything be added as a cyst-buster to the protocol to target this dormant form of this particular microbe in the soup?

Peace, Maz

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ Enbrel and AP’ is closed to new replies.