Home Forums General Discussion Emotional Component to RA?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Suni-One
    Participant

Hi on Friday:

I met up with a chiropractor this fall and he did some work on my achy knees. He insisted that there was an “emotional component” to RA – “unresolved (emotional) issues”. I was wondering how others felt about this.

He recommended a book to me, which I bought and am currently reading. It is called: “Feelings Buried Alive Never Die” – by Karol Truman. I was wondering if anybody else has had somebody suggest an emotional component to RA (to them) and if they’ve ever read the book and did working through “emotional” issues help or work for them.

Any insight, discussion, opinions and/or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ❓

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

My AP doc is a great believer in the stress component to rheumatoid. And I always have some kind of inflammatory response during or after stress. I think there is so much we don’t know about all this that it is really hard to answer the question. I personally believe that our emotions/psychological state can indeed influence what transpires in our body and, conversely, attending to that can help us heal. Mercola is a great proponent of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) as a big part of a treatment strategy.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Valsmum
    Participant

Hi Suni,

I have wondered the same thing as you. I have seen this in an article by Dr Mercola, he suggests that people with Ra had something traumatic happen to them before the age of five years.

here is the link with Mercola’s article”
    http://www.mercola.com/article/rheumatoid_arthritis/index.htm

I don’t know anything about the emotional freedom technique he mentioned in the article.

Suni-One
    Participant

Hi on Saturday

Thank you for the feedback. I am familiar with Dr. M and his article. I have not tried the emotional freedom technique. I think you have to know what’s bothering you to do this, get rid of what-ever-it-is. But how about if you don’t know? I was wondering if anybody had tried hypnosis. Being put under and having a qualified therapist ask you, “What’s bugging you?” I was wondering if that would work.

Thoughts?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.