Home Forums General Discussion Embrel and Antibiotics at the same time

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    marypart
    Participant

My son is getting pretty frustrated with the slow progress.  Does anybody take Embrel while they are treating arthritis with antibiotics?  

How about those of you who found out you have Lyme, do you use Embrel or any other DMARD to control the arthritis and the inflammation?

Thanks,

Mary

Michele
    Participant

Mary,

I know Susan/Lyme has RA and Lyme. She was being treated using antibiotics, supplements and Embrel. You could send her a PM as I don't think she is an active poster on the board anymore.

Michele

imported_Eileen
    Participant

Hello,

I was on antibiotics for Lyme (and still am) while I did Enbrel — I believe 9 or 10 weeks.  I stopped using Enbrel.  Body did not respond to it.  I was offered Humira but have decided to not use it.  My lyme and inflammatory arthritis is being treated with antibiotics.

I hope your son feels better soon and I wish him well.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

[user=2151]marypart[/user] wrote:

My son is getting pretty frustrated with the slow progress.  Does anybody take Embrel while they are treating arthritis with antibiotics?  

How about those of you who found out you have Lyme, do you use Embrel or any other DMARD to control the arthritis and the inflammation?

Thanks,

Mary

Mary – it sounds like your son has a pretty big pathogen load to contend with and it is probably going to take quite a while to deal with each componment – with probable tweaking and changes of protocol along the way. Neither AP nor Lyme abx combos are quick acting treatments. It has long been said that this is a slow road to wellness. I know it is difficult to convey this, especially to a 19 year old, but patience is a necessary component to this approach. This is why it is often good to have the patient keep a daily journal because small changes for the better can often be overlooked in what is often a two steps forward, one step back progression. Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Mary,

Is your son taking anything for pain and inflammation? Antibiotics do help somewhat with inflammation, but they are often not enough by themselves.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Michele
    Participant

Mary,
    I keep thinking about your son. Phil has a really interesting point! I think I see the same doctor as your son??? I see my GP for prescription pain medicine. Dr Z has told me I will need that for a while longer. Her protocol has greatly decreased my inflammation so I take pain medicine far less often than a year ago and only if absolutely necessary.

Has your son seen any improvements?

It's horrible to be in pain and horrible to see your child in pain. I hope he starts feeling better soon!!!
    Michele

motherbear
    Participant

Hi Mary,

sorry for the late reply I have been out of town. My son takes Enbrel with antibiotic therapy and also takes Voltarol which helps an awful lot.

Sorry to hear your son is in so much pain. I hope he soon gets some relief.

Caroline.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.