Home Forums General Discussion elevated CRP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lorena9
    Participant

I have been trying to manage my RA/Lyme with supplements and diet but now thinking of restarting the AP. I had been taking Tetracyclines and stopped 5 years ago. I have had a very stressful and difficult few months and noticed my symptoms have worsened, not just the RA but general fatigue etc..sometimes dizziness. My latest blood test showed an elevated CRP of 22 from 3 taken just a year ago. Is this an indication of RA inflammation getting out of control? Any thoughts? I just repatriated to the U.S and need to find medical support. (Thank you for the listing of doctors in my state which you just sent to me}.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Lorena,

If you’re also experiencing a return of RA symptoms, then elevated inflammation markers would likely correspond with the overall RA picture. CRP and Sed Rate are both used to measure inflammation and they’re non-specific, meaning any inflammation in the body (e.g., from an infection or surgery) will cause these markers to rise. So, if you’re feeling your RA is returning, then it’s more likely RA-related inflammation. Do you also have positive RA markers (RF, anti-CCP, and/or ANA)?

Hope you can find a doc that suits you and can help you get back on track sooner.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.