Home Forums General Discussion Ease of getting antibiotics

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy1

I had to share this with all of you. The other day I took my older daughter to the dermatologist for mild acne. She just needed a little help to reach perfection. We aren’t talking moderate or cystic acne. The dermatologist spends a few minutes with her and then tells her of two topicals that she is going to prescribe for her as well as an oral antibiotic. I asked her if it would be minocyclene or doxycycline and she said yes. I had to laugh on the inside hardily because she basically threw the pill prescription at her. I think of some of us who are desperately ill and simply wanting to try an antibiotic and are told that they are dangerous and that there are better things out there. Anyway, we have refused that prescription for now because we don’t feel it is necessary, but if a rheumatic happens to have acne he or she might do better to go to the dermatologist for the prescription.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

vinny
    Participant

When my psoriatic arthritis started in 2007 I went to a dermatologist for help. We started on Methotrexate and Prednisone. After doing the research on RBF I asked for a script for Minocycline and he refused to write one because it was “off label” He writes scripts of Minocycline for teens with acne but would not write one for me because he did not understand how it would help and did not care to learn. My primary care internist has been writing my prescriptions since 2008.

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

Luck20
    Participant

I agree! Its ridiculous but a nice little piece of info to keep in your back pocket. Sometimes women get acne at pms time or perimenopause. It might be wise to take pics of acne and document and if you ever need an rx your ready with a history of it. I’ve heard of it perscribed for roseacea too.

Recently on a lymes board, I saw references to getting doxy in a 100mg at a fish supply store online…

Gosh, their legalizing pot in some states and we can’t get treated in the way we feel is most effective for rheumatic disease?! Lol… Who would of thought?

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.