Home Forums General Discussion Drug Induced Lupus – AB Histone Test Question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DianeTexas
    Participant

My new rhemy (may not for long!) is concerned about drug induced lupus even though I am feeling well. Got me????? Anyway I told her I wanted to run the AB histone and single-strand anit-dna test to confirm. Well she nixed the single-strand test but said she would do the AB histone. My question is do you still need to be on mino to have an accurate result? I stopped my dosage now for 2 weeks and meet with her on Monday and we will draw blood.

Thanks!

pattyrod
    Participant

Diane,

Why is your rheumy concered about DIL if you are feeling fine? I had DIL and felt horrible. I don’t think it matters if you’re taking mino or not. If you’re experiencing DIL on or off mino, it should show up in your histones.

Patty (Austin, TX)

DianeTexas
    Participant

Hopefully when I actually see her on Monday she can fully explain her concerns. My bloodwork in October came back positive on Double-strand anti-dna for lupus but the SM antibody test came back negative.

MY BIGGEST CONCERN IS why are we just NOW talking about my October bloodwork after I had been in the office to review all my tests with the PA (since the doctor was not availalbe) in November. At that appointment they were only concerned about small erosions. Makes me wonder if the Dr. has actually looked at my file…………..

Additionally, they have another patient with the same name, figuired that our when I went for xrays and they wanted to run all these other tests and I questioned them on it. I will have a lot of question on Monday. It will be interesting to see who get’s fired first the patient or the doctor!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.