Home Forums General Discussion DR’s in Phoenix Area

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Spareman
    Participant

I am new to this forum and need help finding a Doctor in the Phoenix area who has experience testing for and treating mycoplasma or other bacterial infections.

My current Doctor in very close minded in the possibility of bacterial infections being related to rheumatism or an even more serious problem for me, severe asthma. I believe both conditions are related are likely to be caused by bacterial infection.

Can anyone help to provide contact information for Doctors in the Phoenix AZ. area?

Thank you for any help avaliable.

Spareman

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Spareman and welcome to the Road Back Forum. Info about how to request a list of AP docs for your area is at the top of this Forum main page – just click on this link to access. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54

There is alot of information about this approach to treatment at our main site – just click anywhere on the banner at the top of this page to access. There is also good information about antibiotic protocols for rheumatic disease in the FAQ section at http://www.rheumatic.org.

However, when you contact any of the docs on the list you receive, you may wish to check with them about whether they provide treatment for asthma. Our Foundation is focused on providing education and information about antibiotic treatment for rheumatic diseases and that is the main focus of the AP docs on our lists..

You might like to use the search box at the top of the Front Page of the General Discussion Forum and type in ‘asthma’ – and past discussions on this will come up for you to look through. Best, Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

kolby
    Participant

Welcome Spareman,

I just sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Jen

Maz
    Keymaster

@Spareman wrote:

My current Doctor in very close minded in the possibility of bacterial infections being related to rheumatism or an even more serious problem for me, severe asthma. I believe both conditions are related are likely to be caused by bacterial infection.

Can anyone help to provide contact information for Doctors in the Phoenix AZ. area?

Hi Spareman,

Can you share more about your rheumatic symptoms? I’m just wondering if these might be related in some way to your asthma or if it’s a separate issue. Have you always had asthma or did it arrive with your rheumatic symptoms or afterwards? Have you been diagnosed by a rheumatologist for a rheumatic disease?

The doctors on the RBF list treat patients primarily with rheumatic diseases, as Lynnie mentioned, but in some cases, these infections (like Lyme disease with the associated tickborne infection, babesiosis and, yes, mycoplasma, too) can also mimic asthma and rheumatic symptoms. Figuring out some of this might help in locating you a doctor, as there is one in Scottsdale, AZ, who is treating Lyme and coinfections….and Lyme patients do seem to manifest a plethora of mixed symptoms that mimic or trigger other diseases. There is also an excellent clinic in AZ that treats Lyme and its coinfections, like mycoplasma (but is quite expensive, so I understand).

http://envita.com/sections/disease/lyme/default.aspx

As Lynnie mentioned, Road Back Foundation is really focused on those with “autoimmune” rheumatic diseases seeking treatment for infectious causes, so the physician lists volunteers maintain are for physicians who treat rheumatic patients with abx therapy and may not treat suspected mycopasma infection (most of the world’s population has been exposed to one strain or another of mycoplasma – it’s just that rheumatics tend to be sensitive to their toxins, as per Dr. Brown) or just asthma, per say. So, we wouldn’t want to send anyone on a wild goose chase, paying out of pocket to see a doc who may not treat them anyway. Just trying to figure out if there is some way we can support you, though, as you do mention some “rheumatism.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.