Home Forums General Discussion Dr Reddys

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    snglbear24
    Participant

Hi. I have been on Minocycline for 6 weeks now. I started on Dr Reddys tablets. I am been having major herexes the last 6 weeks. Today I started Activis capsules. I have pretty much felt normal all day. I know Dr Reddy is manufactured overseas. I don’t know if the symptoms I was having on Dr Reddy was a good thing or not. Did it mean it was working? Now I worry Activis isn’t as strong. Is tablet or capsule better? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Stacy

Diffused Scleroderma/SLE Overlap
    Minocycline June 2016 2 x 100 daily
    Culturelle Probiotic 2 x daily
    Tumeric 400 mg 3 x daily

Calida
    Participant

Hi Stacy,

I’m presently taking Actavis minocycline capsules and, other than a minor Herx at the 3 week mark, it seems to be working well. I’ve tried a few different generics and Teva worked but caused a long, somewhat traumatic Herx. I think the Actavis is hitting the target and I’m happy that it doesn’t trigger more sustained inflammation. Perhaps you can just give the Actavis a test run for a month or so and see how your symptoms respond. You may have been reacting to an inactive ingredient in the Dr. Reddy’s but I don’t have any experience with tablets or that particular maker of generics. Hopefully someone with some experience with Dr. Reddy’s will see your post.

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

richie
    Participant

Dr Reddys has had many issues with the FDA over quality !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.