Home Forums General Discussion Dr. just back from ACR Conference – EXCITING

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DianeTexas
    Participant

I stumbled on a new Rhemutology office that is all women. So I decided I would give this practice a chance as they take my insurance and at least get testing covered that my GP does not do. I had a follow up appointment today to review all my bloodtests and xrays. They had just returned yesterday from the ACR conference and she said there was some really new exciting information that indicated that there could be an infectious cause to RA!

I really just wanted to do a Homer Simpson and say “doh! She says she didnt know where the studies started and that they were looking at a bacteria that is associated with teeth. I just kept my mouth shut but she was excited to keep me on minocin. Maybe there will be hope for others! And she did actually seemed interested in my clindy IVs.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Diane,

Really nice to hear such uplifting news about your new rheumy! If they start doing your IVs for you, let us know and we’ll add them to the AP doc list. 😉

Suzanne shared the ACR press release in a thread a few days if you want to check it out:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5220

hopefulmama
    Participant

Yay!!!!! When Suzanne posted about the ACR a few days ago this is *exactly* what I hoped would happen. The truth is going to get out there and this is such a great sign! Soon there will be more interest, more funding and more support for AP and best of all – so many more people are going to be getting well 🙂

Thank you so much for sharing this. Very uplifting!

A

Suzanne
    Participant

Diane,

Thank you so much for sharing this with us! It almost seems too good to be true! I was worried that even though it was presented to attendees at the ACR, it wouldn’t be a message they would ‘take home’.

I know of a few rheum bloggers, so I’ll be checking to see if they post anything about it. I’ll share what I find.

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

GREAT NEWS. Thanks for sharing.

Jan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.