Home Forums General Discussion Dr. H.W. in New Jersey

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RISHARISA
    Participant

As a brand new member of the “Road Back”, I am searching for an AP doctor in the New York area. Dr. H.W., in New Jersey, was mentioned to me as a very knowlegable and experienced AP doctor. I would very much appreciate hearing from patients of Dr, H.W. about their experiences and general impressions of him. Thank you (in advance) for sharing your thoughts and feelings.

crowchez
    Participant

Hi,

I’m going to assume that there’s only one AP doctor HW in NJ & that he’s the doctor I see. In fact, I’ll be seeing him again on Monday. I like him a lot. Very nice man, takes his time with you, listening & answering questions. He takes lots of notes which he’ll give you a copy of when you leave. I also like his office staff – friendly, helpful & professional. I was already on doxycycline when I first saw him & he kept me on it in the evening while switching me to minocycline in the morning. Now I’m on all mino. He’s been using abx for many years & told me before biologics he had all his patients on them. If you have any other questions, I’d be happy to answer them.

Deirdre

Joanne NJ
    Participant

I have not seen Dr. H. W. in New Jersey, but my brother did (he has RA also). He achieved remission through AP therapy, and he has told me he really liked him and that he is extremely knowledgable with AP. I did AP therapy through my primary doc as Dr. H. W. is three hours from me, so we based my dosing on my brother. I did great, but about a year in, I had a reaction to the mino, so my primary doc wants me to see Dr. H. W. to continue since he has the AP experience. I have not made an appointment yet, and I have not taken any antibioitcs for about 4 months now, but I am feeling great on a daily basis, 😀 no meds at all, no flares. My last labs in March were all normal. Mabey my reaction one year in was that it was time to stop the antibiotics for awhile. I still plan to make an appointment with Dr. H. W. because I do have joint damage to deal with and want to have the opportunity to go back to AP therapy if needed as it has given my life back.I do not want to feel bad again like I did before this treatment. Hope this helps, Joanne

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.