Home Forums General Discussion Dr. H., an LLMD, to Lose his Medical License. URGENT! HELP!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Krys
    Participant

[Edited by Krys to tremove Dr. H.’s full name and the link to the petition, which uses his full name. If you wish to sign the petition / make the phone calls supporting DR. H., please PM me and I will disclose the full name and provide the link.]

Hi,

Dr. H. in Wisconsin, an LLMD, is to lose his medical license. As it is still not finalized, maybe there’s a chance to prevent this if a huge response from Lyme community puts enough pressure through phone calls, emails, signing the petition.

I have not met him, yet I feel devastated. I count my pennies, but I would put forward my money to help him out, if only a fund to help him with legal services was established. He charged $100 a visit, accepted insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, and cannot afford a lawyer. 😥

There is an online petition one can sign. [This paragraph has been added as part of editing]To protect the doc from attacks by journalists who attack any MD /LLMD who uses abx, especially for chronic Lyme, I am removing the link to the petition and am asking if you can kindly PM me if you would like to speak on Dr. H.’s behalf and sign the petition / make the phone calls. I’ll be happy to give you the info I have.

I do not have a cut/copy/paste function on my computer so I am going to rewrite the email I received from Lyme_Aid_Buhner community:

Forwarded to Lyme_Aid_Buhner from WisconsinLyme@yahoogroups.com

Everyone,

It has come to our attention that Dr. H. has received a letter from the School of Medicine and Public Health {U of Wisconsin-Medison}. Dr. H. was required to attend a Physician Assessment Center. Dr. H. has completed all tasks that were required of him. The final report as filed by the doctor’s that observed him found him deficient in:

*Patients interviewing and communication skills
    *Record keeping
    *Overall Fund of Medical Knowledge
    *Mental deficiency due to diagnostic procedures and hesitant speech patterns

35 years of practicing medicine and they don’t like the way he speaks.

Based upon these findings the WI. Department of Safety and Professionalism {specifically, lead investigator Arthur Thexton} has issued a petition to have Dr. H.’s medical license suspended immediately pending a final decision by the WI. Medical Examining Board.

I want to clarify that this has nothing to do with Dr. H.’s lyme treatment regimens or any lyme patients whatsoever.

In fact the School of Medicine & public Health states in their letter to Dr. H……”A significant portion of his practice is treating patients with chronic lyme disease. His patients often come from hours away to see him. In the broader medical community, the diagnosis and treatment of lyme disease is controversial: however, he appears to adhere to diagnostic and testing protocols that have been developed by medical groups with interest in this area of medicine.”

We are requesting that ALL of Dr. H.’s past and present patients please write an e-mail on his behalf immediately.

In your e-mail, please state:

1. How you were misdiagnosed
    2.How Dr. H.’s treatment has helped you progress
    3. The effect Dr. H.’s treatment has had on you and your family.
    4. How removal of Dr. H.’s license would affect you and your family.

Once your e-mail is completed please paste these e-mail addresses and send to all of them collectively. {Subject line: Dr.H.}

Dept. of Safety and Professional Services DRLOfficeOfTheSecretary@wisconsin.gov {If you wish to write a letter, Arthur Thexton’s fax 608-266-2264}
    Rep. Kevin Petersen {Waupaca} rep.petersen@legis.wi.gov
    WI. Medical Examining Board DRLBoards@wisconsin.gov

We must have everyone write immediately on Dr. H’s behalf. I would ask other Doctors, medical people and support group members that are familiar with Dr. H. to write an e-mail on his behalf.

They can pass an order to suspend his license immediately and then go through the years long, laborious process to get it reinstated. I spoke personally with Doc last evening regarding this matter and he’s devastated. The man can’t even afford an attorney. Of course, what doctor could, charging $100 per-office visit and taking Medicare and Medicaid patients? It’s time we gave back to him.

Distribute this far and wide so we can reach out to all of Doc’s patients.

Thank you,

Mike Nickel
    President
    WI. Lyme Network
    miken@tds.net

PLEASE HELP, any way you can. Even if only through a prayer, holding a thought of a positive outcome in your mind….
    I personally do not believe that this action is not related to Dr. H.’s treating Lyme Disease.
    Hopefully response on his behalf will help. I believe it still counts that a doc has immense caring, is good, too cheap and too accessible for his financial well-being and that patients from all over DO care that such docs exist and can practice medicine!
    I know doctors who only prescribe prednisone, charge $120 -150 for a 5 minute visit, do not even listen to your answer to their question and nobody ever removes or threatens to remove their licenses.
    Praying for Dr. H., Krys

nspiker
    Participant

Hi Krys,

I have a letter passed on from my lyme doc about this situation. It’s deplorable, and laws like those in a few states that protect these doctor’s rights, need to be passed. I’ve supported Dr. J. (Ct) in the past and will do whatever to help this doctor too.

My prayers go out to him as well…
    nancy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.