Home Forums General Discussion Dr. F Interview on Protomyxzoa Rheumatica

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

Dr. F, an AP Physician in AZ discusses his research findings of a bio-film forming protozoan in the blood of those with “autoimmune”-like presentations.

http://www.iadvocatehealth.org/protozoal_infection0.aspx

‘Protozoal Infection — The Next Big Discovery?
    A New Protozoa Appears Linked To Mystery Diseases
    By Marc Braman, MD, MPH”

I was tested for this organism through Fry Labs, last Fall, and was sent a ‘lovely’ picture of the P. rheumatica biofilm making it pretty hard to deny it’s existence in my case. My current treatments are focused on targeting this bug.

For anyone who missed the Dr. F. radio interview on the Better Health Guy Blog, you can find it here:

http://www.betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/243-dr-stephen-fry-on-fl1953

Tlpitts
    Participant

Where again can you get tested for this organism and how much the the test cost?

cavalier
    Participant

Maz – hi – have read some of Dr fry’s work before very smart man. His comments make alot of sense – one in particular in regard to the low fat diet there is alot of supporting articles in regards to SD saying withdrawal of fats is essential to getting remission from SD, obviously some have made inroads perhaps without doing this but if one is not careful there can be relapse – it helps the AP do it’s job. I do think if one can stand the plaquenil it has a place for a time under doc’s advisement of course along with rotating in Zith & Minocycline I am doing all of this including the diet. I think my case anyways has shown me I need to emcompass all of the help I can to have the AP do it’s thing.

Thanks for posting this. Would love to know if there is a lab doing testing but certainly biofilms are often interwoven in infectious diseases.

Best – Jill SD

Maz
    Keymaster

@Tlpitts wrote:

Where again can you get tested for this organism and how much the the test cost?

Hi Tlpitts and Jill,

Here is the Fry lab website: http://www.frylabs.com/

This test is the first one listed on their Test Order/Requisition Form. It’s a pricey test at $495 unfortunately and only Fry labs is offering this particular test….as mentioned in the interview above, the testing methods used for this organism are being kept under wraps until proprietary rights for the test and research data have been published. It’s pretty doubtful insurance will cover this test at this stage, though Fry Labs have apparently got all the requisite approvals on all their other standardized labs.

What was kind of interesting about my results was that there has been no ref range established as yet by Fry Labs other than a “Many” or “Few” (P. rheumatic biofilm) ranking, but it was fascinating to see and get a copy of the bug in-situe in its bio-film in my blood. My doc didn’t pressure me to have the test run, though he feels it’s probably a player in all the chronic inflammatory diseases, but left the decision up to me.

cavalier
    Participant

Maz – thanks for the great info.
    Do I dare venture to ask if you had many or few? If you dont want to answer that is cool am hoping it was the 2nd with AP making inroads.

best – Jill

Maz
    Keymaster

@cavalier wrote:

Do I dare venture to ask if you had many or few? If you dont want to answer that is cool am hoping it was the 2nd with AP making inroads.

best – Jill

๐Ÿ˜† Yes, it’s fine to ask, Jill – thanks for being so sensitive to ask! Fortunately, my result was in the “few” catagory, but the pic of the bio-film that was sent to my doctor was a good size! He showed me several pics (anonymously, of course) of others who had been tested and I think I probably “won” in the size stakes. :mrgreen:

Dr. F. is currently saying that one doesn’t get rid of these blighters – at least there is no curative treatment as yet, but the goal is to lower their numbers and do what one can to reduce bio-film formation with diet and other methods to keep them well-controlled.

Valsmum
    Participant

Hi Maz,
    Thanks for posting this interview, it was a great read. I cannot express how much diet has helped me too, just like the dr mentioned in his interview. Once I removed all grains, dairy and most sugar my sed rate finally went to normal-from 54, it took 6 months for it to reach normal. He mentioned the success he has with a low fat diet in his patients, I wonder what kind of diet he recommends.
    Its nice to see the research he is doing and the Phoenix Study too.
    Take care,
    Sheri

cavalier
    Participant

what most of us will never know is if we had taken this test b/4 AP what we would have read like compared to now. I agree it is lowering the numbers but it is a plan for life – that we will have to be cognizant of.
    Big is not better in this case. treating ourselves in a rounded manner is the best defense we can offer ourselves.

Jill SD

Maz
    Keymaster

@Valsmum wrote:

I wonder what kind of diet he recommends.

Hi Sheri,

So happy you enjoyed the read and found it helpful. I think Dr. F. recommends the McDougall diet, which if I am recalling okay, he mentions in the following link at the 2012 Physician’s Round Table…just scroll down the link to the conference to find the notes on his talk:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7230

Maz
    Keymaster

@cavalier wrote:

treating ourselves in a rounded manner is the best defense we can offer ourselves.

Such great words of hard won wisdom, Jill. ๐Ÿ™‚

A Friend
    Participant

@Maz wrote:

@cavalier wrote:

best – Jill

๐Ÿ˜† Yes, it’s fine to ask, Jill – thanks for being so sensitive to ask! Fortunately, my result was in the “few” catagory, but the pic of the bio-film that was sent to my doctor was a good size! He showed me several pics (anonymously, of course) of others who had been tested and I think I probably “won” in the size stakes. :mrgreen:

Dr. F. is currently saying that one doesn’t get rid of these blighters – at least there is no curative treatment as yet, but the goal is to lower their numbers and do what one can to reduce bio-film formation with diet and other methods to keep them well-controlled.

Maz, All,

First, I don’t dare (yet) post a link or two I want to send to you, Maz — even though it is “out there” among very reputable, respected doctors and scientists, and the link(s) included in reports. The information pertains to what has been in vaccines for years, in different areas of the world (including ours) that was not handled well by those who were supposed to be working in our best interests.

Maz, with all the attention you’ve paid to research in so many areas of science and treatment, if you are interested in the links (or even have the time), hope you might comment about any of it that you believe may be relevant to the biofilm problems. (Will PM these links to you.) One thing I definitely feel is true — from the highly respected neurologist/scientist who has written a long paper on the broad subject — is that those in charge and control definitely were not paying attention to: “First do no harm”! But apparently had their eyes on the bottom line of you know who.

The subject of biofilm was brought to my own attention probably 8 or 10 years ago — believe the scientists were in one or more of the Scandanavian countries, and they were sharing information about their research. I’m hoping in my saved info I can find some of their work. They even had a possible treatment they hoped would address the biofilm and help the ill man. We were actually able to communicate with one of these who had problems and was a patient of these doctors/scientists trying to address the problem.

Thanks for sharing about your own testing. We need to keep learning wherever the truth takes us.

AF

Joanne60
    Participant

Thanks for posting this about Dr F Interview.

It is a while since I first heard the interview and much water has passed under the bridge. Sometimes it helps to re listen or re read information later once we have learnt more.

Apart from Dr F’s tribute to Dr Brown’s work there is clearly much of interest in this interview for us with chronic illnesses.

Here is hoping this turns out to be another significantly part of the puzzle to our health problems.

Interestingly I understand there have been several patients in the UK who have also tested positive for this Protoza I have actually met three in person so perhaps it is not so rare and something to keep an eye on developments.

Maz
    Keymaster

@Joanne60 wrote:

Here is hoping this turns out to be another significantly part of the puzzle to our health problems.

Interestingly I understand there have been several patients in the UK who have also tested positive for this Protoza I have actually met three in person so perhaps it is not so rare and something to keep an eye on developments.

Hi Joanne,

Just popping by to say how much I liked your blogspot on Lyme! Fantastic job pulling together all the Lyme news! ๐Ÿ™‚

I agree…the P. rheumatica research is just fascinating and I also find it pretty synchronous that the core therapies being used in AP (with the exception of the penicillins) have some effect on protozoans. I.e. tetras, plaquenil, macrolides, and azoles. Not only this, that other less commonly-used anti-parasitics are also being researched to have some effect on rheumatic diseases.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2275452/

While I suspect that where any bio-film involvement (pretty much everywhere in a living body) is concerned that we’re not just dealing with one solitary infection (e.g. P. rheumatica), but a plethora (as in MSIDs or “mixed systemic infectious diseases”), it’s always fascinated me that many of the conventionally-used rheumatologic drugs also have some effect on these organisms.

It’s very challenging for independent researchers to get their findings validated by the wider research community and not unusual for these guys to be ridiculed by their peers until someone duplicates their work. Poor Barry Marshall had to swallow a nasty cocktail of helicobacter pylori before he could prove his theory that this bug was the cause of about 95% of stomach ulcers.

A Friend…I just saw your post above…did I miss this completely? If so, please forgive me! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Joanne60
    Participant

Hi Maz

Thanks I am pleased you enjoyed my Looking at Lyme Disease blog.

Regarding you talking about Biofilms there was an interesting article about this recently -clearly related to implants etc but nevertheless interesting from a view of biofilms

http://www.photonicsonline.com/doc.mvc/discovery-opens-attacking-biofilms-that-cause-chronic-infections-0001

Discovery Opens Door To Attacking Biofilms That Cause Chronic Infections
    July 12, 2012
    By Robert Sanders

A clever new imaging technique discovered at the University of California, Berkeley, reveals a possible plan of attack for many bacterial diseases, such as cholera, lung infections in cystic fibrosis patients and even chronic sinusitis, that form biofilms that make them resistant to antibiotics.

By devising a new fluorescent labeling strategy and employing super-resolution light microscopy, the researchers were able to examine the structure of sticky plaques called bacterial biofilms that make these infections so tenacious. They also identified genetic targets for potential drugs that could break up the bacterial community and expose the bugs to the killing power of antibiotics.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.