Home Forums General Discussion Dr. F in Riverside, CA

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    finsfan
    Participant

After two years, finally have insurance set up to see Dr. F in December, the first visit with an AP doc.  But special thanks to those on this site.  I've been taking minocycline, probiotics, Serracor NK, and fish oil and basically been doing things on my own with the info from this site over the past couple of years, and now am regaining weight, strength, and flexibility.  I'm lifting weights six days a week now and rebuilding the body.  Improvements are coming faster!

Thank you for this site!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

That is truly great news finsfan! Way to go:dude:. Lynnie

P.S. Some others who may want to join in the congrats probably cant access the Forum at this time. You've probably seen the Announcement at the top of the Board.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

hopefulmama
    Participant

Congratulations FinsFan!  I hope you have as good of an experience with Dr. F as I did.  I am looking forward to seeing him at my followup appointment, he has a very calming manner and is so wise.  (I'm sure you know from following this board that he doesn't place faith in lyme as a causative factor for scleroderma, so if you ever decide to explore the possibility of lyme, you may need a LLMD as well…)

It's wonderful that you got the insurance all set up.  My husband and I have the only kind of PPO insurance that Dr. F does not accept!  His secretary said they are in discussions to re-contract with our insurance company, I hope they do…  The initial blood tests you will have with him are expensive without insurance but with it, you'll be in good shape fiscally.

So glad you are feeling better.  I really admire your gumption to get informed and get on treatment right away, even without seeing an AP doctor.  That takes guts and strength.

richie
    Participant

Hi–He is a super doctor –one of the top three in the nation for scleroderma -imo —simply put he has a fabulous track record of getting people better from scleroderma —I would put all my trust in him only !!!!!!
    whats with the finsfan –does that mean the Dolphins ??????? maybe next season !!!! Certainly not this one —
    richie

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Wonderful news!!  Glad you will be able to see Dr. F.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Wonderful news!!  Glad you will be able to see Dr. F.

finsfan
    Participant

@Richie,  Yes, Dolphins, glutton for punishment I know.  Been a fan since I was old enough to understand football in the early 70's when they won.  Haven't won since :).

Joe RA
    Participant

Hi: FinsFan … The early 70's , I remember when my sister came home with new pajamas for her boys, from that day on they all became football fans for the team that was on  them like the Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, Vikings and the Dolphins. I still remind some of them how they became football fans, could it be that you got a set of pajamas in the early 70's too. …LOL …. Joe RA

Kats
    Participant

I just wanted to jump in and say that I just got back from my first visit to Dr F and it was an absolutely amazing experience. 

Dr. F is the kindest, most compassionate doctor I have ever met.  In addition to his immense medical knowledge and experience, his emotional acuity was truly life-changing for me. 

His entire staff went above and beyond for me, staying well into the evening to ensure that everything was accomplished before my flight home.  They were worried that I wouldn't be able to buy any dinner by the time I got out of there so one of the lovely nurses went out and got me a take out sandwich from the Lebanese place we were gushing about earlier. 

Most importantly, I came out of there confident that I was on a solid plan in accordance to the thorough diagnostic work-up I received.  

The only thing that would make the clinic more perfect, would be if it was in my town!  :roll-laugh:

finsfan
    Participant

Thanks Kats, geat to hear positive feedback.

Kim
    Participant

Good luck with your appt in Dec finsfan. You’re already off to a great start with your own protocol so it’ll be nice to have Dr. F. maybe tweak things a bit to get you in even better shape.

Take care…..kim

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.