Home Forums General Discussion Dr. Changing my AP Therapy Around…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    EJ Kirksey
    Participant

Dr. K is wanting me to change my AP Therapy around for a change to see if I’ll have even more better results. My CPK levels stay between 1,600 and 1,900 and doesn’t seem to want to come down. She wants me to take LDN 3 mg at bedtime, Biaxin 500 mg po bid, Flagyl 250 mg 1 tablet po daily. Has anyone tried any of these for AP Therapy? I’m also having mild neuropathy in my legs probably from diabetes 2 and taking metformin, so I’m going to try and control by diet. Have to take B12 shots, B Complex and Alpha Liporic. Also, having to go gluten free. Hoping that this will be a good game plan to get the PM at bay. If I’d listen to other doctors, no doubt I’d be in a wheelchair by now. Does anyone take any of these? Appreciate any feedback. Blessings….

Polymyositis: 2009
    *Flagyl 250 mg 1 tablet po daily, Biaxin XL 500 mg 1 tablet po bid, LDN 3mg bedtime, D-3 1,000 three times daily, Fish Oil 1,000 three times a daily
    Diabetes: 2009 Trying to control by diet and exercise
    Mild Neuropathy: 2013 B-12 shots every 2 weeks, B Complex, Alpha-Liporic Acid 300 mg 3 times a day
    Throat Spasms: 2013 Magnesium 2 tablets twice a day

marypart
    Participant

EJ,

I don’t know much about your situation, but have you been tested for any of the infections that come from Ticks? Like Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia or parasites?

Parasites are a known cause of myositis. There are lots of infections that can cause it, so playing around with a variety of antibiotics seems like a good idea. Looking at the article at the link below makes me think it might be worth doing a few rounds of prescription or herbal anti-parasitics.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2493084/

Just a few thoughts…

Woods1977
    Participant

Hi there EJ…

Without knowing a much about your history and whether or not you’ve had any success with AP thus far, I have ran into a few people on this forum that have mixed one of the “cyclines” with different types of antibiotics at the same time- I guess the intent is to cover any possible “co-infection” that might be lurking below the surface, as there’s absolutely no way to be tested for every kind of “infection”. That said, it might be a good idea for some to try and “knock out” any possibilities.

Have you had any success with AP thus far?

EJ Kirksey
    Participant

The above information is much appreciated. I remember getting flea bitten on my stomach one summer before I got sick and I also had a severe kidney infection caused by ecoli. I’m thinking if I so find a good RA Sr., still searching, that this would be good to bring up for discussion.

A Friend
    Participant

@EJ Kirksey wrote:

Dr. K is wanting me to change my AP Therapy around for a change to see if I’ll have even more better results. My CPK levels stay between 1,600 and 1,900 and doesn’t seem to want to come down. She wants me to take LDN 3 mg at bedtime, Biaxin 500 mg po bid, Flagyl 250 mg 1 tablet po daily. Has anyone tried any of these for AP Therapy? I’m also having mild neuropathy in my legs probably from diabetes 2 and taking metformin, so I’m going to try and control by diet. Have to take B12 shots, B Complex and Alpha Liporic. Also, having to go gluten free. Hoping that this will be a good game plan to get the PM at bay. If I’d listen to other doctors, no doubt I’d be in a wheelchair by now. Does anyone take any of these? Appreciate any feedback. Blessings….

Polymyositis: 2009
    *Flagyl 250 mg 1 tablet po daily, Biaxin XL 500 mg 1 tablet po bid, LDN 3mg bedtime, D-3 1,000 three times daily, Fish Oil 1,000 three times a daily
    Diabetes: 2009 Trying to control by diet and exercise
    Mild Neuropathy: 2013 B-12 shots every 2 weeks, B Complex, Alpha-Liporic Acid 300 mg 3 times a day
    Throat Spasms: 2013 Magnesium 2 tablets twice a day

Hi EJ,

Haven’t “met” you before. Hope all will soon be better.

Sounds like Dr. K is trying to get your gut system cleaned up so it can function better. Probably bad bacteria has overrun your gastro system and elsewhere. Dr. K knows much about this, including integrative medicine. In my own experience and problems, I’d say that is a necessary place to begin… decreasing the population of as much overgrowth of unfriendly organisms in the body as possible. Taking control of your diet for the diabetes problem will probably also be key to your progress as well. We need our gut system to work efficiently for many reasons… but for it to be able to digest foods, and especially protein so we can absorb the necessary amino acids from it needed for metabolic detoxification functions, and much more, is key. (Are you still taking magnesium? I learned some time ago how very important that is… for about 300 different functions.)

I just came to the board to post an important excerpt from today’s newsletter from Dr. Mercola — wanted especially expectant moms to read this information… and all of us others to be reminded how important our gut systems are. Will paste it here for you first. It’s my belief and experience that life and health both begin in the gut system (we can get a jump-start even before we are born). Beginning excerpt in article is from today’s Mercola newsletter.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/09/02/probiotics-allergies.aspx?e_cid=20130902Z1_DNL_art_1&utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20130902Z1

Probiotics Linked to Reduced Risk of Allergies, Psoriasis, Colitis, Periodontal Disease and More
    September 02, 2013

By Dr. Mercola

[Excerpt below]

Most people, including many physicians, do not realize that 80 percent of your immune system is located in your digestive tract, making a healthy gut a major focal point if you want to achieve optimal health.

The root of many health problems is related to an imbalance of intestinal bacteria, and this foundation of good health is laid even while in utero.

Without a well-functioning gastrointestinal (GI) tract, a newborn baby will be more vulnerable to pathogens, allergens, and a number of immune-related diseases, so getting an infant’s gut up and running efficiently is crucial. Women who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant would be wise to address their own gut health as early as possible to give their child the best start possible in this regard.

That said, it

EJ Kirksey
    Participant

😥 Hoping someone that has take Biaxin can tell me that it will get better with time. Missing the Doxy but am wanting to go back on Minocycline.

EJ Kirksey
    Participant

Thanks. Yes, I started taking magnesium of 250mg (2) daily this week. Also started Alpha Lipoic Acid of 200mg (3) Daily., Zinc 50 mg (1) Daily along with starting this week, Biaxin 500mg (2) daily, Flagyl (1) daily and LDN 3m Comp at bedtime. Today I feel so bad and tonight I think I’d cry if it wouldn’t make me feel any worse. Don’t know if this is a big time herx to what is going on??? My stomach is sick tonight and I have muscle cramps and an ill feeling. Could it be something of these or a combination that is making me sick? I’m to the point that I thinking about asking Dr. K to please put me back on the Doxy. Even my gallbladder is bothering me and I’m trying to watch my sugar also and stay off of Metformin eating just 6 small healthy meals a day. Would appreciate any words of wisdom. I feel like I’m taking to much antibiotics. I’ve this episode of when I lay down at night, feels like muscle spasms in my throat. One doctor had me to do all kind of heart tests. All were good. Talked with Dr. K and she just said that magnesium would help with spasms.Has anyone else had problems when they lay down at night? I’m also try to take probiotics at each meal. God please help me ;(

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.