Home Forums General Discussion Doxycycline vs Minocycline in Scleroderma

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vonni
    Participant

I developed some toxicity to minocycline and was advised to switch to Doxycycline by Dr. S. I’ve been on mino since 11/09 with great results–that is, my symptoms of SD are completely gone with the exception of some residual stiffness in the PIP joints of my fingers. So, as you can imagine, I was very reluctant to discontinue the mino. I had developed hyperpigmentation with mino (no big deal) but then began to notice a blue spot in both eyes and on other areas of skin. So, last Wednesday, I started taking Doxycycline 100 mg BID. Just wondering if anyone else with SD has done this and what your experience was. I have noticed some tingling at night only when I lay down and after taking the doxy–never in the daytime. It’s a mild tingling, but scary never the less. I am considering making some modifications to the dose–i.e., taking mino 200 mg. on MWF and doxy 200 mg. the remainder of the week. From what I have read so far, the mino toxicity seems to be dose related. Any thoughts?

vonni
    Participant

Looks like tingling in the hands and feet and face is one of the side effects of doxycycline .

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.