Home Forums General Discussion Doxycycline: Month 1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Oksana
    Participant

Before going on Doxy, I had constantly swollen hands and trouble opening mouth wide. I had decreased tongue mobility that looked like ankyloglossia. I had severe fatigue and heart palps. My hands’ mobility was very bad, for example, it hurt to move my fingers. I woke up at night feeling it’s not enough air for me.
    So, today I’ve been on 100 mg Doxy BID for a month. My hands are still stiff and a kinda waxy in the morning but are not swollen anymore. My lips and tongue mobility is perfect. My mouth actually was beginning to shrink, but now this process reversed. My dry mouth, eyes and nose symptoms are not as severe as they were during last year’s cold autumn. No heart palps, no fatigue at all.
    Gained 4 pounds! Appetite is back.

I hope this story continues this way.

NoRAsomeday
    Participant

I’m so happy for you! I have been using mino since August and am improving as well! Not at all perfect but so much better than before.

Oksana
    Participant

Thanks, NoRAsomeday! (a great nick btw!)
    Well, I know it’s definitely not a short and easy story) I know that the “AP honeymoon period” will be over soon and mb even I will experience some steps backwards. But before Doxy it hurt me to move my tongue and make a whistling sign, while now my lips are obviously fuller and their mobility improved dramatically. Could this have happened had I not taken Doxy? I don’t think so))

Hope&Pray
    Participant

Oksana, may I ask are you taking doxy doe scleroderma?

Oksana
    Participant

Well, I already match the ACR-EULAR criteria, so, logically, I take Doxy in order to halt scleroderma.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Oksana, everyone
    The signature function is there to enable others to see what diseases/symptoms each poster is dealing with and what treatment they are on/have been on. Once there, it comes up every time people post and it helps others understand and contribute views and experiences that are relevant.

You can input information about your diagnosis, what treatment you are on etc in your user profile. Access your profile by running your cursor over your name (bottom right hand side of your screen when logged in). From the menu that comes up, click on Edit My Profile to go through to that page. Scroll down to where it says Signature. Input your information. Click on update profile at bottom of page to save the info.

You can change this at any time by going through the same steps

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.