Home Forums General Discussion Doxycycline and Darn Headaches?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    EJ Kirksey
    Participant

This is day 2 of taking doxy 100mg 2x daily. Dr. K wanted me to get off of the minocycline and try this. I think it’s why I have had a headache all day today. Will this past in time? Dr. K is wanting to hit the polymyositis and osteoarthritis hard. She is also helping me get off of the metformin and trying to help my fatty liver. Hoping to reverse my diabetes 2 and go gluten free. I’ve read some here about doxy and headaches. Just wondering if the headaches will pass once my body gets adjusted or will it get adjusted. Now am wondering if getting off of mino, which I’ve taken for 2 1/2 years was a wise thing to do. I’m also taking Taurine 1,000 mg, Vit-D3 with K 20,000 IU for 1 month, Zinc 25 mg 1 Daily, Niacin 500 mg 2x Daily to support my liver and help the glucose along with B-12…..

Polymyositis: Since 12/09
    Diabetes 2: Since 10/09
    Osteoarthritis: 2012

PhilC
    Participant

@EJ Kirksey wrote:

This is day 2 of taking doxy 100mg 2x daily. Dr. K wanted me to get off of the minocycline and try this. I think it’s why I have had a headache all day today. Will this past in time?

Probably, but I think that assuming that it will happen soon and not doing anything differently would not be prudent. Doxy gave me headaches, too, but they were mild and tolerable. When I added mino a few months ago, the headaches returned. What I did was cut the dose until they went away. I ended up dropping my mino dose to 25 mg MWF. On the other days I took 100 mg of doxy. I stayed on that dose for one month and then took 50 mg of mino on my next mino day to see how I felt. It gave me a very slight headache, but it was barely noticeable– if I hadn’t been looking for it, I might not have noticed. I decided that it was time to start slowly increasing my mino dose.

@EJ Kirksey wrote:

Now am wondering if getting off of mino, which I’ve taken for 2 1/2 years was a wise thing to do.

I am wondering the same thing. What was the reason Dr. K wanted you to switch to doxy?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

EJ Kirksey
    Participant

It’s so nice being able to email Dr. K in Lufkin and ask questions. She told me to start slowly and take the Doxy every other day till I can work my way up. I’m also taking a generic antibiotic of Flagyl on M, W, F to help with fatty liver. I’m hoping for better days. Just a slight headache this morning. I took a Doxy before I got Dr. K’s email. My last D-3 level was 29 and last week it is 20. Something is going on. Dr. K said that I need good D-3 levels/higher if my body is going to reverse the diabetes. I also had a negative result on the Lupas test. Wondering what could be going on with that. Seems like I’m collecting autoimmune diseases. I feel that if I would have listened and taken preds years ago I might be in worse shape today. At least my body is trying to fight it all.

PM: Doxy 100mg every other day till
    Diabetes 2: Working on a good diet No Metformin at present
    Osteoarthritis
    B-12
    Zinc
    D-3 20,000 IU Daily
    Probiotics
    Niacin 500 mg 2X Daily

EJ Kirksey
    Participant

Some of the reasons why I’ve been switched from mino to doxy…..Dr. K was still concerned that my CPK levels have not dropped any lower in about a year. Still standing at 1,300 also I’ve lots of inflammation and fluid in the calves of my inside legs. Thinking that she wants to hit the PM harder and also the diabetes 2. I’m having problems with my liver and also my gallbladder. Will probably have to have my gallbladder out soon. Dr. K doesn’t recommend my trying to do a flush. I’m afraid that I might get a stone lodged. The stones are large. I’m to the point where I can’t eat anything.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.