Home Forums General Discussion doxy versus mino

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chrysalis
    Participant

Hi, just changed from doxycycline to Minocycline 100mg 3 times per week and immediately my hands and feet got worse and am experiencing disorientation as though my head is full of cotton wool. How do I tell if this is a Herx or an intolerance of the type of antibiotic. Seems from reading this site that mino is better absorbed by the tissues, is there anything that offsets the head sensations. Would be grateful for some input, luckily my ego doesn’t require me to appear as an intelligent human being but would like to be able to at least pass for someone who can focus for more than a second at a time. Thanks

Melinda
    Participant

Hi, I’m sure that someone with more experience will explain this better. I just wanted to let you know that I noticed this also early on with Mino, but that it has gotten much better with time. In fact, I only notice it occasionally now.

BTW, your humor gave me a big smile! 😀 I think that having a healthy ego and a good sense of humor is very helpful when dealing with health issues, so good for you! Personally, after my antibiotics, I consider laughter to be just about the best medicine out there. 😉

Patti D
    Participant

Hi Chrysalis,
    I can’t tell how long you were on mino as your line says you treated yourself with nutrition but then you stated you just switched from mino to doxy. Looks like you were diagnosed in 2009. Either way this is still very early in the game.
    I was diagnosed in December 2007 after being treated with doxy for a month for lyme disease. 4 months later woke up and was unable to walk. The first year on mino I saw real improvement after around 6 months . Still fatigue, joint swelling, weakness and extremely sore tendons. 2nd year brain fog went down, disposition improved, fatigue only occasionally,and joint swelling gone. I just completed year 3, reduced my dosage in half this year, 100 mg. daily and finally this year for just about the entire year, I feel normal and am doing normal activities.
    I think this has been a very long haul and I pray everyday I don’t go back there. The AP protocol is a slow and steady process. It is a lesson in patience as well as a lesson in gratitude. Why gratitude? It is the least toxic program out there for us. You must be willing to let the medications take hold of those nasty bacteria & viruses that have seized control & put your immune system out of wack.
    Refer to Randys posts. His famous quote is” blast the bastards” This program works and for Dr. Brown, I am eternally grateful as well as grateful for all of the”groupies” who follow him 😎
    I am sending well wishes your way>
    Patti

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.