Home Forums General Discussion Doxy can it make arthritis worse?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    worldofme
    Participant

Can doxy makes arthritis worse by making bacteria more resistent and aggressive?

Dr. Carter says this regarding chlamydia.

maz.aust
    Participant

Not sure that I would say it ‘made it worse’ however it can give you one hell of a herx!

On the few occasions I have taken doxy my herx’s are definitely worse than normal.. I think it attacks the bugs more severely than other abx we take.

If it is in fact a herx reaction I suggest you lower the dose of doxy & see how you are on the lower dose

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Spiffy

I do not know about doxy, but listed on Mino side effects is joint and muscle pain. You can go to acne websites and read about people having to stop taking Mino due to joint pain. Strange is it not?

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Spiffy;
    People with acne taking mino have never heard about HERX.I bet they probably have a bug or two knocking around and not causing any problem but the mino will kick things up.No one talks about herxes except those of us on AP

Misty
    Participant

Hi worldofme,
    Could also be that as Doxy does not have the immunomodulatory, antiinflammatory and neuroprotective effects that Mino has,the herxing symptoms are more aggressive.Could be an idea to combine Doxy with LDN. This way the above mentioned effects of Mino not counting the antibiotic effect, would support the Doxy treatment.Just an idea:)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.