Home Forums General Discussion Doxy and Mino Mixed

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    snglbear24
    Participant

Hi all. I cannot handle a full dose of the minocycline. I have tried the last two months and it is causing me major symptoms. I was wondering if anyone ever mixed the two antibiotics and had good results. I thought I could do doxy 100 mg x 2 Monday, Wednesday and Friday and Sunday and Mino Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday 50 mg x2 daily. I think I could make this work. I backed off the mino and started low and am still having the same issues. It feels like something is just squeezing the heck out of my head. Then around 3 I crash with fatigue. I am guessing it is affecting my adrenal system somehow. I am not really sure because I am no doctor. I asked Dr. S and he said those are Lupas like symptoms caused by the drug. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

Stacy

Diffused Scleroderma/SLE Overlap
    Minocycline June 2016 2 x 100 daily
    Culturelle Probiotic 2 x daily
    Tumeric 400 mg 3 x daily

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Stacy,

Other people (including myself) have used doxy and mino together, so it can be done. However, considering your reaction to mino, you should probably do as Dr. S. has suggested and switch completely to doxy. Do not worry that doxy might not be strong enough to put you into remission. If it later turns out that doxy alone is not enough, your doctor can add a second antibiotic to your treatment.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.