Home Forums General Discussion Double Strand DNA Test – First Positive Now Negative

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    DianeTexas
    Participant

Once you have a positive DS DNA Antibody is it possible for it to ever be negative? Wouldnt your body always contain the antibody? Trying to understand why I had a postive test in October with a titer of 1:40 and my test from last week came back negative.

Also my original ANA ub 2006 with a titer of 1:640 and now is 1:128. Titers confuse me. Is this better.

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI – think I am going to go see Dr. F in California, small miracles he is on my insurance plus Southwest had a good rate to fly out there.

SS
    Participant

Hello Diane:

I have MCTD and is more towards lupus. I am on Minocin on alternate days for the last 8 years. Before starting the antibiotic I had my ds DNA (double stranded DNA) always positive but now it is negative which means my LUPUS is in remission.
    ds DNA is indicator of lupus.
    In mixed connective tissue disorder (mctd) the ANA (anti nuclear antibody) will be positive for any disorder. In my case the ds DNA is negative but ANA titer is 1:350. So I checked to see what type of ANA titer I have and found to be Sjogren’s syndrome.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards
    ss

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.