Home Forums General Discussion Don’t Shake Hands — Hug!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

It was Easter Sunday and my family and I went to a new church. I hadn’t been anywhere in a while where I had to be greeted by many new people. When people started greeting me with handshakes, it felt like 60 bones in my hand were being crushed. I was in tears. During the readings I thought about my options. One, I could just keep shaking hands and deal with it — not an option for me. Two, I could not extend my hand and possibly be perceived as snobbish or aloof. Three, I could run out of the church crying (I did consider this!) Four, I could hug everyone. So that’s what I did. I figured I’d rather people think I was a little too friendly rather than snobby. People seemed a little taken aback at first but overall they seemed to like it. So forget the age-old handshake, I say, and hug, hug, hug!

Katie

embracingquincy.com

Krys
    Participant

Interesting, Katie!
    I watched Donna Eden DVDs and she showed what happens energetically when we shake hands. After the handshake, people tested weak energetically. After a hug, their individual energy went stronger. (But it mattered which side they hugged with! One has to go with the side that spontaneously feels better.)
    I don’t remember where I’ve seen it analysed, but it seems that if you shake hands and add the other hand (touch with both of your hands), the result is good energetically for both parties! Check with someone you really like and see how you feel the difference.
    Krys

Eva Holloway
    Participant

I know how you feel, I used to be a hand shaker, but now I have become a hugger because people don’t realize how hard the shake my hands or rather squizze them.
    Eva

Eva Holloway

Eileen
    Participant

When people extend their hands to me, I just tell that I can’t — I have arthritis. It happens so quickly, so one must think twice as fast. Hugs are always good as long as they’re gentle and not the hard pat on the back. 😉

Eileen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.