Home Forums General Discussion Does Enbrel stop working?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    suera
    Participant

Prix, just to add my two cents. I went off MTX cold turkey in March and I would not recommend going that route.  I was fine for about 3 weeks and then whamo, bed-ridden. Doc said since it is fat soluable it will stay in your system for about that long, then bam!  Anyway had to go back on and it,  took about 4 weeks  before I was back up and about. I will go slowly next time I try to go off of MTX but now of course I am afraid to try again. So just seems I keep adding drugs and never able to stop any of them:doh: Sue

Carrie
    Participant

You might also consider Dr. S in Chattanooga.  He's wonderful and maybe closer to you?

Kim
    Participant

Good luck, Prix, starting AP and with an experienced doctor.

Gotta say, you're killing me with that avatar.  Crawfish is one of my favorite foods….see, I was born in New Orleans and all my family still lives there.  Needless to say, I don't see many crawfish here in the midwest.

Best wishes from a fellow cajun…….kim

prix560
    Participant

Thanks for all of the advice and support.

I was actually born in the New Orleans area.  I lived in St. Bernard until I left to goto LSU at 17, which isn't the same anymore.  My parents sold their house about a year before the storm and moved to the west bank and recived no damage except from a looter.  I hope your family made out as well if not better. 

Louisiana is hurting more then ever economically and if we don't start getting some people into office that care more about the State then themselves we will never have any good doctors or anything else for that matter.  If I did not have so much family here I would bolt.  The food is awsome but that is not enough anymore.

Kim
    Participant

My family didn't fare as well.  Some had major property damage, some had total loss of everything, some lost their businesses and jobs.  All of them have the ' Katrina cough', I'm sure from all the mold, and the emotional toll it has taken on all of them is still playing out.  Since I was the only one with a roof over my head and a phone that worked, I became the command center and recall desperately calling Red Cross Shelters just trying to find everyone.  Such a nightmare that still seems like yesterday.

That happened at the same time as two other stressful events in my life.  Interesting, that was also around the time I got really sick.  I still can't wrap my head around the fact that the places that held every childhood memory were literally washed away.  I firmly believe stress plays a huge roll in these diseases.

Good luck to you on your AP journey…….kim 

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘ Does Enbrel stop working?’ is closed to new replies.