Home Forums General Discussion Does anyone no of any doctors in the UK

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hi My name is Sophie and I live in the UK. I currently have what I believe is Rheumatoid Arthritis, I have been researching possible treatments and have come across this site. I am wondering if anyone knows of any Doctors or clinics in the UK where I could got to follow this protocol? I’m in a lot of pain.

Patricia.Ann
    Participant

Hi Sophie – fellow Uker here :-). I am so very sorry to hear you are in so much pain. The last AP Doctor that I knew of has since retired I think but reading the posts lately I believe there is a new Doc on the scene. Below I will paste the instructions to get the name of the Doctor. Hope all goes well for you.

Love Patricia x

Send your email to: apdoctors@roadback.org

Please include in your email:

1) Your geographic area, country, state, city, or region.

2) A phone number at which you can be contacted. Spam boxes and emails returned as underliverable can prevent replies and a phone number will help us make sure you are answered.

3) The disease you are dealing with.

4) Whether you are interested in a listing of the most experienced doctors in the United States if you want to consider travelling to see one of these doctors.

Your email will be received by Road Back Foundation volunteers who will respond by email.

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Patricia
    Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, and for the useful information. I hope you are having some success in treating this horrible disease, and are on the path to wellness.
    Wishing you health and happiness.
    With love
    SophieX

Patricia.Ann
    Participant

You are welcome Sophie 🙂 Just to let you know that my rheumatologist prescribes my minocyline for me (Aknemin) so it can be done on the NHS if you can’t find an AP Doctor, although I do believe the expertise of a Doc that is experienced with the protocol would be invaluable.

My blood markers, after two years on AP, have just to say started to come down (I must say I was extremely poorly unable to move). My crp by quite a bit and my esr just starting to reduce after upping my mino to everyday x 100mg. I am now starting to take 200mg/100mg alternate days. My illness is stubborn. I would say I am still quite poorly but stable not deteriorating. It is my belief that had I taken any more serious drugs than already taking I may well have had many more side effects and deterioration. I am still hopeful that I will improve some more.

It is worth giving it a go 😀 Keep in touch…..

Take very great care…..x

sandrabonfield
    Participant

Hello, I have an appointment in December at the Breakspear Clinic in December. I am currently taking mino with my GP’s help. May I ask if “The new Doctor on the Scene is at this clinic or if he is a different person. I would like to have the most experienced AP doctor to help me. I live in Berkshire SL5 0ld England.
    I am very excited about having this hope, as after three weeks on Mino I am feeling a bit better.Much less fatigue, and quite a bit less pain.

I also travel t New York a fair amount, and my kids live in Dallas Tx so If there is no experienced Doc here in London I would travel to the US.
    I have RA, I am on humira, have refused methotrexate
    Thankyou
    Sandra

Dunlop321
    Participant

Hi Sophie,

The burghwood clinic in Surrey treat patients with minocylene. I am currently seeing Dr P there to treat my RA. They are not covers by the NHS though.

It would be great to hear how you get on.

Paul

Drs full name removed as per RBF guidelines which can be found towards top of General Discussion front page. RBFV

sandrabonfield
    Participant

Hello Sophie
    I went to the burgh wood clinic and I saw Dr E there. He is knowledgeable of AP protocol
    Best wishes
    Sandra

lemons
    Participant

I think discussions about naming the clinics are best done via Personal messages rather than on an open forum. AP is not accepted in the UK as standard treatment for these diseases & many doctors have been hounded out of practice by the medical establishment for treating patients with antibiotics.

sandrabonfield
    Participant

So Sorry, Lemons you are right, I wasn’t thinking x

Joanne60
    Participant

Hi Sophie
    Hope you don’t mind me butting in here. I know many patients who use the BS clinic not sure who you will see there but Dr M would be the best choice.

Make sure they consider Lyme Disease as a differential diagnosis it is a growing problem here in UK but NHS are dragging behind and been mislead for the last 10 years following the shenanigans that have been going on in US – long story.

My symptoms were joint pain and muscle weakness mainly and had a variety of diagnosis the last being PMR but also had x rays of hands indicating RA – it turned out to be lyme Disease and I responded well to antibiotics.

With my good response and help from GP I was able to get antibiotics from my rheumy plus hydroxychloroquine which is one of many combinations for treating Lyme and RA but rheumies in Uk rarely use antibiotics for RA and so it is very difficult.

Good luck at BS let us know how you get along they will test you thoroughly may have to prioritise over testing as it can work out very expensive but I do know of quite a number of patients I talk with through Facebook who have improved with BS help.

Joanne

Cathlo
    Participant

HI Sophie,

I would be very interested to know how you are getting on – did you see someone? are you on minocine?

Realise I am 4 months late on replying here.. didn’t technically have RA in December – imagine!

So recently diagnosed – not too bad at mo but not right. Not currently on any meds (partly as i refuse to take anti-inflammatories as they are bad for the intestines, and my guts have been wrong for a year). I saw a rheumy first but done a lot of research and came across the site.

I have just had my first appointment at the clinic in Surrey with Dr E. Very knowledgable… and at least i now have hope. Have stated on an exclusion diet to start with – as I had bad symptoms in my gut for about a year. If diet not enough, I will prob move to minocine after about a month.
    Thanks
    Cath

2013 Poor gut & low white blood cells. Jan 2014 RA symptoms. Diet - no gluten/dairy/nightshades/sugar. Started AP in Oct 2014. On Mino MTWTF. RA improved but still there. Many supplements.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.