Home Forums General Discussion Doctor Chat Rheumaticsupport.net Thursday 10/28!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lauram
    Participant

Yep, like having a free consult with an experienced AP doctor! 
    This Thursday (10/28) @ 9pm EDT we will have Dr. S from TN at the rheumatic support.net chat room. 

He is a patient as well as a wonderful doctor and long time believer in AP. He is in RA remission for many years using antibiotics for himself and developing the protocol he uses. He also networks with Vanderbilt and their research.

He has his MD and MBA and is pursuing an environmental med degree along with a masters in public health.

Be thinking of the questions you want to ask, write them down. You will get a chance over the 1 1/2 hr. he is with us to get several questions answered.

Edited to remove doctor's full name as per RBF policy. Thanks for your understanding. RBFV

[align=left]

Post subject%;”>

[/align][line]

At approx 9PM, EST, Betty will give a brief reminder of chat protocol for the evening chat. Marge will then introduce Dr S. Then, anyone having a question will type in a ? mark. I recommend you go right ahead and type in your ? mark after you see a few others doing so. That way there will be a few ahead of you and that will give u time to type in your question.

After you type in your ? mark, go ahead and type in your question. BUT, don't hit enter on your keyboard YET. Wait till the few persons that are in line before you have had their turn. You will know when it's your turn when Marge or Barb says, “Ok, Sandy, post your question”. Barb usually tells posters something like, “Mary, Beth and Sandy are next in that order”. That way you will know you are coming up after Mary and Beth. Since you already have your question typed in there is nothing for you to do but wait till you are told it is your turn and then hit enter. You will see your question go up. Clear as mud?

Wait till he answers you and make sure u understand what he is telling u. If he asks you anything answer him and don't worry about typing fast either. Trust me, we all will understand if u are slow as sometimes we all are! If not clear tell him that. He will understand as he had RA himself.

If you want to give this a dry run on Wednesday, let me know. I think you will feel more at ease if you try this out. At the very least you should try out the chat room in advance to look over all the bells and whistles.

If new to this don't worry as this will be fun and informative, you'll see.

Write down any questions on paper so you don't forget what you want to ask. Keep that next to your puter along with a pen and paper for notes.

Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday!

Laura

richie
    Participant

Hi–A doctor with an MBA –quite a combination !!!!!
    richie

tcregon
    Participant

Oh will this be done here at the RBF site?  I'm very excited and will do everything I can to attend.

lauram
    Participant

Hi

No, it will happen at http://www.rheumaticsupport.net.  Come to the chat room anytime to practice and be there a little early on Thursday night, around 8:30.

See you there

laura

lauram
    Participant

So sorry–failed to mention to be sure and register so that you have a password to access the chat room.:blush:

lauram
    Participant

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: TIPS For Better Usage Of The Chat Room

[line]

Hi Everyone,

To make the chat room experience more enjoyable here are a few tips.

Give the room time to load before assuming you can't get in.

You may want to have colored text. If so, click on the color wheel in the block at bottom of room to the left of the yellow smiley face. Please leave the red color for doc! Try to choose a color that everyone can easily see and not one of the pastels.

There is a B at bottom that is for bold text. Please click on that so everyone can better see your question.

The 4 arrows at bottom enlarge the room. Once you click on that you are then able to drag the room down and to side to make it fit your whole monitor.

Ckick on options at top left to choose a font size. I use #18 so I can sit back, rock away on my chair, and still see the monitor easily.

Under Options you will be able to choose a window backround color, too. I use a pale gray so my eyes don't get tired. Whatever works for you.

Click on Insert Separator to put lines between all poster's questions. This makes it much easier to read!

Go ahead and try this out and see how much easier it will be on your eyes.

laura

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.