Home Forums General Discussion Do we inherit Autoimmunity or Pathogenic DNA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Suzy
    Participant

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/270928.php#additional

This research from John Hopkins seems, at least to me, to say the cause of auto immunity is pathogenic DNA. It just totally backs up Dr. Brown and other researchers theories of infectious causes for Auto-immunity for me.

The focus of the research is a pathogen “sensor” known as human IFN inducible protein-16 or IFI16, one of the body’s key responders to viruses and bacteria

By figuring out how IFI16 operates, biophysicist Jungsan “Jay” Sohn, Ph.D., and his team say they have set the stage for finding ways to stop or limit the damage.

Sohn and his research team first generated genetically engineered IFI16 from bacteria and exposed it to synthetic DNA sequences of varying lengths to see how the protein might react to “foreign,” pathogenic DNA. They then observed the IFI16 and DNA interact via electron microscopy. What they saw was surprising.

The team expected that IFI16, like other pathogen sensors, would react to foreign DNA if it is long enough to accommodate just one IFI16 molecule. But IFI16 didn’t react strongly until the synthetic DNA fragments exceeded 60 base pairs in length, which can accommodate about four IFI16 molecules. It was as if a light went on when the “invading” DNA reached 70 to 100 base pairs, Sohn says. “We call that switch-like behavior.”

Question ? What makes the pathogenic DNA reach 70 to 100 base pairs…is it chronic infection? Are most infections short strand DNA based and once they become chronic, are they long strand based ( the ones that activate ILI16 to cause auto-immunity)?
    Do we really inherit the genetic susceptibility or do we inherit the pathogenic DNA (master evaders)? Are we passing chronic pathogens to our children at birth and for how many generations could it go on?

To bad the researchers did not say that we should treat the pathogenic DNA that triggers the whole process instead of their direction of developing a potential drug target to stop or limit the damage.

By figuring out how IFI16 operates, biophysicist Jungsan “Jay” Sohn, Ph.D., and his team say they have set the stage for finding ways to stop or limit the damage.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/270928.php#addition

A humorous side note here…..
    I had a dream last night that woke me up. I dreamed I was having a heated discussion with a doctor I know about the cause of my RA ( heavy dreamer here…nightly mini novels, sometimes way out there) Anyway the discussion made me wake up wondering some things about the DNA we inherit from our parents and when I started looking around i found this article.
    Things that make you go …..hummmm? Lol

๐Ÿ˜† SUZY

Krys
    Participant

@Suzy wrote:

Do we really inherit the genetic susceptibility or do we inherit the pathogenic DNA (master evaders)? Are we passing chronic pathogens to our children at birth and for how many generations could it go on?

A humorous side note here…..
    I had a dream last night that woke me up. I dreamed I was having a heated discussion with a doctor I know about the cause of my RA ( heavy dreamer here…nightly mini novels, sometimes way out there) Anyway the discussion made me wake up wondering some things about the DNA we inherit from our parents and when I started looking around i found this article.
    Things that make you go …..hummmm? Lol

๐Ÿ˜† SUZY

Fascinating, Suzy!
    I love the comment within “readers opinion”! :ugeek:
    I’ve been wondering lately along those lines, too. And I’ve come to the same conclusion, that all the auto-iimune diseases that run in the families must be triggered by passed down infections and reactions, often twisted reactions, to the pathogenic loads that the body cannot clear.
    Your dreams are awesome. I keep trying to solve health puzzles in my dreams every single night, but it is more in the nature of “chewing over” the same puzzle pieces again and again and rarely do I get any real insights.

Your dreams rock! I hope you will start writing them down!!! ๐Ÿ˜Ž :geek: :ugeek:
    Krys

Suzy
    Participant

Hey Kris…Glad you also found this fascinating. As I was reading more and more, my “idea” light-bulb ๐Ÿ’ก kept flashing in my head which prompted me to comment there ( something I don’t usually do often). I am just so entrenched in the pathogenic DNA direction that it is filling my thoughts (conscious and sub-conscious). This ties in nicely with an earlier article I posted here…..https://www.roadback.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9954 titled “Researchers are Defeating Persistent Bacteria”

“The ability to interfere with a bacteria’s ability to establish infection is going to become a more popular theme for treating infections rather than simply killing the bacteria,” Hancock said. “When you put selective pressure on bacterial populations to live or die, they are really good at circumventing the drugs and getting around the killing mechanism.”

When one reads the whole article it seems like a logical way to combat the enemy. If you keep the enemy weak they’re a lot easier to knock out!

I know the emotional stimulation’s of stress/happiness etc…that we experience weigh on us and tend to spill over in our dreams, but not everyone is able to remember their dreams. I seem to have total recall with mine and they tend to range in theme from extremely intellectual to extreme quirkiness to down right LMBO nonsensical silliness ๐Ÿ˜† . I actually look forward to my nightly adventures. I probably will never write them down! I feel as if they are a treasured part of myself that belongs to me and only me and I will occasionally share with others.
    I like your chewing on the puzzle pieces dreams. I also feel like it is all a big puzzle! Perhaps, if you were to put the puzzle pieces together in a different order or change the direction you view them, you may just start to gain that elusive insight you’ve obviously been dream working on day and night. Maybe there’s a missing puzzle piece there too? Here’s to hoping we all gain a complete picture of health in the future!

Suzy…..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.