Home Forums General Discussion Do I need a Lyme speclist?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sarah-lawrence
    Participant

My lab result came back with mycoplasma N. remote or past infection,no current infection.
    Lyme igg postive, remote infection,no current infection cd 57 is normal. I understand that people who have chronic Lyme disease they,mycoplasma is the secondary(opportunistic)infection from the Lyme disease, so the low dose antibiotic may not work and is not intended for this kind of infection.right now I do not have any a doctor helping me.cannot fund one, NY family doctor is not familiar with ap or Lyme disease. I diagnosed with diffuse scleroderma 3 months ago. I have raynaud’s and now developed with frozen shoulder and tendinitis on the wrist.anyone have similar conditions or have good advice.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Sarah,

Yes, you are correct that low dose AP to treat strains of mycoplasmas will not be adequate for Lyme disease or the many possible tick-borne coinfections associated with it. Would you like a listing of Lyme Literate Medical Doctors (LLMDs) for your state?

There is info that is pertinent to your questions in FAQs 31-36 here and there is a quote from Dr. Brown in the book about the different treatment approach needed for Lyme in FAQ #35 : https://www.roadback.org/faqs/?faq-category=36

Sarah-lawrence
    Participant

yes, I do want the list please, I live in LA county, southern California. I never been treated for Lyme disease, I can remember that the last time I had ” mosquito bite” was over 30 years ago. I always been active, healthy, don’t have any other symptoms of CHRONIC Lyme disease( this is controversy with traditional medicine) until lately with diffuse scleroderma.

Maz
    Keymaster

yes, I do want the list please, I live in LA county, southern California.

Hi Sarah,

I just sent you a private message with the full list of LLMDs for CA. To find your PM, just look to bottom right of this page and place your cursor over where you will see “Hello, Sarah-Lawrence” and a pop up menu will appear for you to select “messages” and “inbox.” You will find your message there.

Sarah-lawrence
    Participant

Hello Maz,
    I have hard time finding private message, I did not see any thing on the bottom of page other than
    subscribe our community blog on the bottom of page.
    Hello Maz,
    I finally figured out how to get the list you sent me.
    thanks again.
    P.S wahat is ILADs stands for?

Maz
    Keymaster

Hello Maz,
    I have hard time finding private message, I did not see any thing on the bottom of page other than
    subscribe our community blog on the bottom of page.
    Hello Maz,
    I finally figured out how to get the list you sent me.
    thanks again.
    P.S wahat is ILADs stands for?

Hi Sarah,

Glad you found your private messages! This is a new system for the volunteers, too, so I think forum participant screens must look different from volunteer screens. My “Hello Maz” is in the bottom right of my screen, but yours might be somewhere else on the page…anyway, good to hear you found it!

ILADs is the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society. It is the medical society that Lyme Literate MDs belong to and there is a lot of helpful info on their site, including Lyme Literate diagnostic and treatment guidelines for Lyme and other tick-borne coinfections. You’ll find these at the following link – worth printing out to read and become familiarized with, because many docs claim to treat chronic Lyme, but have not received ILADs physician training.

http://ilads.org/lyme/treatment-guideline.php

ILADs was founded, because a breakaway group of researchers and doctors in clinical practice, who are on the front lines and seeing many patients afflicted with tick-borne illnesses, found that the CDC and IDSA’s (Infectious Diseases Society of America) diagnostic and treatment guidelines were too narrow and did not fit the reality of what patients were experiencing – i.e. were not getting well on short-term treatment. Instead, they formed their own society and produced “evidence-based” medical guidelines to diagnose and treat this serious set of infections and these guidelines are based on their experience in clinical practice, patient experience and emerging scientific research indicating that Lyme can be a persistent, chronic infection.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.