Home Forums General Discussion Dizziness- Unrelated to Minocin

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Woods1977
    Participant

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone…

Well before I began taking Minocin I experienced episodes of dizziness- my head just doesn’t feel right sometimes. I wake up in the AM feeling great- but about two hours after being awake, the dizziness slowly creeps in…. It’s more annoying than anything else. I’ll have months of these episodes, then they disappear without warning for a few months. I don’t believe it has anything to do with the Minocin because I had the episodes before starting Minocin. Furthermore, I have to believe it has something to do with my RA, because the dizziness began shortly after my first symptoms of RA crept up.

Does anyone know if dizziness is associated with RA- and does anyone else experience this? How do you treat it?

Thanks,
    Michelle

richie
    Participant

Hi–It is probably not related –suggest a good ear exam —
    richie

Maz
    Keymaster

@Woods1977 wrote:

Does anyone know if dizziness is associated with RA- and does anyone else experience this? How do you treat it?

Hi Michelle,

While dizziness may be unrelated to the RA, as Richie mentioned (e.g. vertigo and ear-related issues), it may be related to RA as a secondary issue. For instance, high levels of inflammation causing elevated (or sudden drops in) BP or vasculitis, for instance. Overlaps with thyroid disease along with rheumatic diseases can also occur and dizziness may be connected to this. Have you been tested for thyroid function?

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5614467_can-cause-dizziness-recurrent-uti_.html

It’s certainly something that should be investigated by your doc, if it was occurring prior to beginning minocycline and unrelated to this. Also, are you taking LDN?

Any chance you could add a signature line with all your current meds, diagnosis and date of dx, etc? This can really help to generate responses, because some drugs are known to cause certain side-effects and some health conditions can also be related. Thanks! 🙂 You’ll find instructions for adding a signature line here (see paragraph on User Control Panel):

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4505&p=42306#p42306

jaminhealth
    Participant

I don’t have this issue but it probably has something to do with circulation….

I’ve checked grape seed extract for others with vertigo and dizzy issues and this
    antioxidant is recommended for it. It’s suggested for so many health issues…

Woods1977
    Participant

Hi Maz,

I

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

I’ve had dizziness and balance problems for years. The problems started shortly after the joint and muscle pain appeared, so I believe they are definitely connected (at least in my case). I’ve noticed a significant improvement within the last year, since I started taking minocycline.

I noticed that you are taking 50 mg of minocycline MWF. Is there a reason why you aren’t taking a higher dose?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Maz
    Keymaster

@Woods1977 wrote:

Hi Maz,

I

Woods1977
    Participant

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the update- this makes me feel a bit better! I

jaminhealth
    Participant

Could it be low blood sugar or high blood pressure.

My neighbor deals with vertigo issues and she has
    really low blood pressure….

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

My AP doc has said that dizziness and intermittent low blood sugar is quite common with those of us who have auto-immune conditions which often include Leaky Gut syndrome. I suffered from intermittent dizziness 4 or 5 years ago. She advised eating every 4 hours and making sure it included protein. Seemed to work for me

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Woods1977
    Participant

Hi Lynnie,

Interesting you mention protein

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.