Home Forums General Discussion Discontinued Brand Minocin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Aliciainsandiego
    Participant

Ive been using brand Minocin for 11 years and have had no symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis at all after the first year.
    Therefore I consider it a Godsend. The manufacturer (Stiefel) has been acquired by Glaxo Smith Kline and about two dozen pharmacies have told me that this medication is no longer available.
    I would like to start an e-mail writing campaign to try to persuade GSK to produce the brand Minocin. If you use Minocin and want to continue to be able to get it please consider dropping Glaxo Smith Kline an e-mail at USCRCWeb@GlaxoWellcome.com and let them know that there is a need for this amazing medication and to please start production of it. Thank you, Alicia in San Diego

Maz
    Keymaster

Great idea, Alicia! 😀

Just wondering, does the foundation have your RA remission testimonial for the main site? If not, would you be willing to write one for us? Thanks!

Suzanne
    Participant

The People’s Pharmacy often covers drug shortages/discontinuations. Maybe one of you experiencing this problem could contact them and bring more attention to the situation – http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/contact/

They often are able to offer an explanation or alternative.

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I just called Mexico online pharmacy Medsmex.com 866-439-4963 and was told they have Minocin by Phizer, 100 100mg tabs for $85. Don’t know details but that is what they said.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.