Home Forums General Discussion DILE WITH DOXY???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    carries
    Participant

Is it possible to get dile with doxy. I woke up feeling great this morning…then I took my doxy and an hour later I was experiencing muscle achiness in my whole back and rib area as well as flaring on feet and hands and knees……is this a herx or is it in fact dile??? ITs so weird because the whole first year of ap therapy I did not herx once. And now all of sudden after a year of taking it I am herxing for the past 2-3 mths straight??? confused and wondering if I should just throw out doxy and mino and just do zith. Suggestions????

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Carrie,

Just a fellow patient suggestion, but would you be able to get some labs run to look for possible DILE, but also to look for possible allergy (elevated esoinophils by about 30%)? My guess is that if you’ve just switched out from mino to doxy, you could well be herxing, but it might just be a good idea to do the labs to put your mind at rest.

In the following study, the risk for DILE from doxy is considered very, very rare (maybe even non-existant:

http://www.dermatoblog.com/2007/10/08/risk-of-drug-induced-lupus-associated-with-tetracycline-class-antibiotics/

“Although the frequency of lupus erythematosus associated with exposure (to minocycline) was very low (about 8.8 cases per 100 000 person-years), the authors found that, minocycline exposure was associated with onset of lupus erythematosus (hazard ratio1.77

PhilC
    Participant

@carries wrote:

ITs so weird because the whole first year of ap therapy I did not herx once. And now all of sudden after a year of taking it I am herxing for the past 2-3 mths straight??? confused and wondering if I should just throw out doxy and mino and just do zith. Suggestions????

Hi Carrie,

I suspect that the LDN gave your immune system a “tune up.” Of course, I am just guessing, but it does seem to explain why you’ve suddenly started herxing (apparently) when you never did before. If I am right, then it is a good sign because it means that your immune system has joined the fight against your “unwanted guests.”

How much doxy are you taking? If you’re taking 100 mg, you might want to ask your doctor to give you a prescription for 50 mg.

I’d like to second Maz’s suggestion to have some bloodwork done to check for DILE. It’s probably not DILE, but I think it would help put your mind at ease to get confirmation of that.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

carries
    Participant

Thanks for your replies Maz and Phil. I have gotten the antihistone test and it was negative. There is only one type of histone test correct….sure hope i had the right one. Cause my ap dr had no clue these tests even existed. I will see my allergist in a few weeks here so I will ask her too.

I started doxy last monday and I take 200 mg MWF. Maybe I should just stick with 100mg. Do you think I should do a washout ? How long if so?

PhilC
    Participant

@carries wrote:

I started doxy last monday and I take 200 mg MWF. Maybe I should just stick with 100mg. Do you think I should do a washout ? How long if so?

Hi Carrie,

Whether or not you should do a washout depends on how you feel, I would think. As I recall, it is usually suggested when a person is herxing severely. You mentioned zith. Are you now taking that as well?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.