Home Forums General Discussion Diet: Swimming upstream

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

if your allergic to dairy, is it safe to substitute goat milk instead?

Lizz – people who cant take cow's milk can sometimes take goat's milk (or sheep's milk) – proteins in it are different. However, it's not universal, so you'd need to either test for it or try and see. My (naturopathic) tests showed that it was okay for me occasionally – my naturopath said, for me, only in cheese form and on occasions but I  have to take non-malted soy milk in tea/coffee and on cereal. Lynnie  

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Lizz
    Participant

Thanks Lynnie – goat's milk doesn't seem to cause any reaction plus it has as much calcium as cow's milk, so I'll keep on with it for now.

Merla
    Participant

I just have to respond to this conversation because I was allergic to just about everything but happily there were some things that helped me that may help some of you too.

In my sickest days two years ago I was in terrible shape. I was told by doctors in the Mayo Clinic that I would be disabled, would never be able to work again and was scheduled for Occupational Therapy and a series of doctors and tests to monitor my decline. I didn't wait for a diagnosis, I ran for my life!!!!

I am very lucky that within days after that my partner found your website and with your help found the right doctor only an hour away from home.

I was senstive to EVERYTHING ….. doctors called me a “universal reactor” because I was so sensitive/allergic to -food and my environment. Almost two years later to the day after finding Road Back and getting help from a really great doctor (Dr. R) in Provo, Utah I am better (still on AP).

My doctor immediately put me on a yeast control diet and an antifungal medication – Diflucan as well as AP. I also went through several SRT or Sensitivity Removal Technique treatments for all the allergies. I actually felt the SRT treatments help me improve and become less sensitive/allergic with each treatment. I think the yeast control and the SRT were a big part of my improvement along with the AP. 

I wonder if these things could help some of you out there as well? I sure hope it will.

Merla 

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Merla, thanks so much for joining in here! The interesting thing is to determine which came first , your allergies/sensitivities or your autoimmune issues. My AP Doc believes everyone with auto-immune diseases have developed gut problems/sensitivities as a consequence of their disease. I believe you are right, in that this is something we would all benefit from paying attention to. Anyway, so glad you are travelling so well now. Would you consider submitting your story for a testimonial? We are always hungry for up-to-date successes – they have so much impact on the new people who come here looking for hope. Lynnie  

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Merla
    Participant

Yes!!

I have been working on my story and would love to submit it with the hope that somehow it will help others. I certainly owe my success to the Road Back Foundation for your support and the information you all share. I have been a quiet but constant patron on your website. I can't thank everyone enough for everything you do. I am here and well because of you and I will do anything I can to help others.

Merla

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Merla – that is wonderful to hear. The support forum (by its very nature) is for people needing/wanting support and often in pain, down, confused, have yet to find a regime that works……well you know what I mean. The people who have gone down their particular Road and have gotten their lives back generally go out and live those lives – as they so deserve to. But it is lovely when some of them pop back to say Hi and tell us how well they're doing – as you have done. Thank you so much – and we look forward to your testimonial. Be well! Lynnie  

Be well! Lynnie

Kim
    Participant

Hi Merla,

Where have you been hiding? 😀  Thanks so much for letting us know AP has made a difference in your life.  We just can't hear that enough.

Take care…….kim

Merla
    Participant

Hi Kim,

My brain fog was so bad for about the first year that I couldn't even get on the computer and read the Roadback website myself. My partner found the website, found me an AP doctor, and told me about the AP protocol and kept me informed about all the interesting posts. Now my brain is back 🙂

sgcaine
    Participant

Have any of you with dietary problems explored the Specific Carbohydrate Diet? It goes beyond gluten free and cuts out all grain, starches and most sugars. The theory is, the offending bacteria thrive on multi-celled sugars so by cutting all sources of these from our diet the bacteria are starved and therefore wiped out (not the auto-immune causing bacteria per se, but those causing pain and dietary complications). This process takes a year or two after which some people can go back to eating a normal diet.
    Basically, the diet consists of fruit, vegetables, meat, nuts, and homemade yogurt (lactose-free). Restrictive, but quite satisfying once you get the hang of it. I've actually pinpointed unknown allergies through this restrictive diet (ie. casein and cashews). Here is the website if anyone is interested in further research:
    http://www.scdiet.com
    there are also multiple web sites sharing recipes. Its challenging but has been well worth the effort for me and my son, though we still struggle with strict adherence after 3 months effort.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘ Diet: Swimming upstream’ is closed to new replies.