Home Forums General Discussion Dales story~recovery from systemic scleroderma utube

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Debbie star
    Participant

This is very interesting and very promising

cavalier
    Participant

Thanks Debbie i listened to this & then went to a site that sells this product – I have not been able to see the exact potency or listing of what each bottle contains in regard to the whey type product. Designs for health has a grass fed product called Whey Cool that has the ingredients listed per scoop in the breakdown it comes in flavors i like the vanilla.

There are a few ways that Lactoferrin in itself, a component of & in the Whey Cool as to the amount in it can be of benefit as well as some of the bottled capsules of Lactoferrin – it must be from grass fed cows however for it to work there is a whole process of why it works etc. I have mentioned Lactoferrin’s properities before and i do take this as part of rounding out my defense. There is benefit to a fast as well & the drinks would still supply if i could ascertain the protein, a potential cleaning out period in a detox type of mode.

Anyways this is some other info below, not relating to any specific brand of Lactoferrins’ actions i had posted about Lactoferrin’s benefits before. Every person with their disease is a bit different for me it is about more than one action –

http://benthamscience.com/cmcaia/sample/cmcaia4-1/0005Y.pdf pages 2,4 6 & 7 are of interest in relation to regular lactoferrin

http://beverinutrition.com/files/Twenty-five_years_of_research_on_bovine_lactoferrin_applications.pdf page 3 is of interest in regard to the chart.

http://www.ysonut.es/pdf/Ysodoc/D050306.pdf on page 396 again the chart

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1442-200X.1994.tb03250.x/abstract

richie
    Participant

Interesting yes –promising ??? –Pompa is a chiropractor who is primarily a speaker —I feel the main reason that I defeated diffuse scleroderma was a clear-cut plan with focus and with no deviation –I was giving antibiotic one year then I would have gone to plan B –I really feel it is very important to have a focus on what one is doing to help themselves —
    richie

cavalier
    Participant

I agree with the one year to see how things go in addressing the disease.
    Am a bit confused as my skin recently has gotten a bit better and my test results for my SCL 70 which are one year apart in time frame DOES show a reduction of 20 points which is good, still elevated but none the less, not higher and is a bit lower, but other inflammatory markers are even higher than they were one year ago. Adding to the confusion is the heart issues which according to J. Hopkins is classic for Scleroderma.

To try to access things a hemotologist is running a more indepth look, be 2 wk’s to get the results. Have a apptmt with NW in Chicago for accessment with Scleroderma for Oct 8th but then the heart issue manifested – I can get a MRI done of the heart here in Memphis but no expertise in any Cardio nor a interest in reaching out for Scleroderma, some doc’s suggest waiting til I can travel to such expertise if i can as insur. will only pay for one MRI/cath.

I dont know if the SCL-70 can drop a little or rise from time to time or if this being a little lower is showing some progress?
    Dont like that other markers of inflammation have risen.

Tx – Jill

MINOCINMAN
    Participant

Richie is correct from my careful study of SD. The problem with the drastic diet modification and life style changes that are advanced by many Chiro and so called alternative medicine doctors is there is no science and often very limited anedoctal evidence to support their treatment plans. Many SD patients, including myself have gotten better w/o any of this radical plans. Therefore, the doctor takes credit for medical improvement when with SD and other conditions there really is no way to know if the recovery or improvement was related to the tx plan or they would have gotten better anyway. AP has very substantial anedoctal evidence and some studies to support the benefit and wisdom of using this protocol for various conditions, including SD.

Regarding this particular video, the patient said that he took Cellcept and other drugs and eventually got better. how do we know that the diet mod, detox, etc was the remedy, as opposed to other variables. I have consulted with several patients who got better from severe SD and all said that they did no diet mod, detox, etc and got better. It is sad that there are many doctors out there who take credit for recovery of patients, but not a bit of scientific, not anedoctal eviddence to support same. They should be thrown in jail.
    I know nothing either positive or negative about this doctor. All I know is that during the video he only mentions this patient, and his results with him with zero evidence to show the efficacy of his protocol.
    Jeff

@richie wrote:

Interesting yes –promising ??? –Pompa is a chiropractor who is primarily a speaker —I feel the main reason that I defeated diffuse scleroderma was a clear-cut plan with focus and with no deviation –I was giving antibiotic one year then I would have gone to plan B –I really feel it is very important to have a focus on what one is doing to help themselves —
    richie

cavalier
    Participant

I thought the same thing in that this person could have gotten better no matter what as sometimes people do go into remission at least for a bit from SD & it may or may not come back, if there is nothing done to try to keep it at bay.
    This story would be more valid if there was more than one person this program helped, at best it is anecdotal.
    i would not just want to arm myself with only one ancedotal thing with no other accounts of this working for this disease.
    as mentioned who knows what he took may have taken his immune to a place where it slowed down the disease & this may have the helped with general detox in itself is not all a bad thing, more than one way to do detox. I hope for his sake whatever it was that helped him holds & I feel it does not matter which of the things we do that gets us there as long as it does. Of course we also didn’t get the privy of seeing his lab work before confirming his disease nor his recent blood work to confirm he is in remission or where he is at from before.
    I wont ever be able to measure exactly what % of what i do is doing the trick. Sometimes it may take a combo to get your there, especially if you are dealing with more than one thing but as long as we get there.

Jill

MINOCINMAN
    Participant

Yes, the gist of all this is these alternative medicine doctors and I even see regular GP doctors make claims of successful treatment plans, but simply no reasonable evidence to support same. SD by its nature gets better often and no way to know for sure to what extent any treatment plan works. However, there is strong anecdotal evidence that AP does, and some limited studies to support AP for SD,and much more for RA. These doctors should be barred from having video or written testimonies like this without a disclaimer that clearly indicates that there are no studies to support this, and that results are not proven.

@cavalier wrote:

I thought the same thing in that this person could have gotten better no matter what as sometimes people do go into remission at least for a bit from SD & it may or may not come back, if there is nothing done to try to keep it at bay.
    This story would be more valid if there was more than one person this program helped, at best it is anecdotal.
    i would not just want to arm myself with only one ancedotal thing with no other accounts of this working for this disease.
    as mentioned who knows what he took may have taken his immune to a place where it slowed down the disease & this may have the helped with general detox in itself is not all a bad thing, more than one way to do detox. I hope for his sake whatever it was that helped him holds & I feel it does not matter which of the things we do that gets us there as long as it does. Of course we also didn’t get the privy of seeing his lab work before confirming his disease nor his recent blood work to confirm he is in remission or where he is at from before.
    I wont ever be able to measure exactly what % of what i do is doing the trick. Sometimes it may take a combo to get your there, especially if you are dealing with more than one thing but as long as we get there.

Jill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.