Home Forums General Discussion Daily dosing or pulsating?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    PhilC
    Participant

[user=2397]Bebeo[/user] wrote:

Really can't figure out why the minocycline seems to have lost its effect when it worked so well for a while, but am trying to explore all possibilities.

The bacteria causing your problems may have become resistant to minocycline. You may need to add a second antibiotic such as azithromycin, clarithromycin, or roxithromycin. The combo will act as like a much larger dose of mino, much more than you would want to take. It also reduces the chances of bacteria developing resistance because they would have to develop resistance to both antibiotics at the same time– something that is unlikely to happen.

For more information, see:

Summary Chart of Different CAP Protocols
    Combination Antibiotic Treatment Protocol's (CAP's)

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Bebeo
    Participant

Thanks you for the information. I was only on minocycline for a little over a year when new symptoms introduced.  Do you know if resistance to the bacteria strain can occur within that kind of time period?  I am seeing a complementary medicine physician (not my rheumatologist) next week and will discuss combination therapy with him.  I had also planned to discuss switching from minocin to doxycycline.  Even though my rheumatologist wasn't willing to test for drug induced lupus since I don't have the butterfly rash, I still wonder if that's a possibility.   Thanks again. 

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ Daily dosing or pulsating?’ is closed to new replies.