Home Forums General Discussion Colostrum before foods that cause flares

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vera
    Participant

Yes, I’ve been using colostrum for about 6 months now. Have read it can be helpful for people with lyme disease, which I suspect, though I’ve not been diagnosed as such.

One of the things I’ve read about colostrum is that it can be very helpful in healing leaky gut – which I certainly suspect after many years of NSAID use. Leaky gut can cause many problems including psoriasis, and I’ve got PsA and psoriasis.

I’ve been told that it is best consumed two ways – both in the mouth and also in capsule form, so it can get thru the stomach. These two different ways of taking colostrum accomplish different things in the body. I’ve bought some capsules and do my own ‘encapsulating’ – though I’m not sure the capsules are of the right material to keep from disintegrating before they leave the stomach! It is expensive stuff, so I buy the 21 oz container.

I seem to be feeling better – though it’s hard to attribute it to just one thing – though I do think my digestion IS better and feel colostrum has something to do with it.

Colostrum is anti-inflammatory – another reason I like taking it. If you do the research on colostrum, one will be astounded at all the health benefits and nutrition content of colostrum.

Hope to hear what others say about colostrum as well.

Lori

Krys
    Participant

@Ruffian wrote:

….. I ate oranges, wheat bread, pasta, strawberry shortcake. All those things would normally be big No No’s. I wonder what Colostrum is doing?

Wow! That sounds just wonderful! I’ll have to read how exactly it works on the immune system.

Maybe do not overdo the foods that normally caused you inflammation ?

I had improved fabulously on ImmunoPro to the extent that I could eat every big No-No and eventually I started flaring and having autoimmune reactions to food and still could not stop eating them until things got pretty bad.
    My advice is: take it easy on inflammatory for you foods. Let the digestive tract and the gut heal some more?
    I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Colostrum brings back your health in no time at all!

@vera wrote:

…I buy the 21 oz container.
    Lori

Lori: you accomplished healing of the digestive system and the gut while on abx? Congratulations! I’m greatly impressed!
    Where did you get Colostrum in bulk? I encapsulate most of my supplements, too.

Warm wishes, Krys

vera
    Participant

Krys,

I buy Symbiotics colostrum in the 21 oz. container – usually off Amazon which has had the best price in the past. Have also purchased from Swanson Vitamins. The last container I ordered was very grainy compared to the previous two – so not sure what’s up with that. It is much harder to encapsulate. I just checked Amazon and they aren’t offering a very good price today – best to keep checking I guess. Sometimes they offer free shipping – but didn’t find it today.

There may be better brands than this, but they are way over my budget. This one seems to work fine for me. You end up paying WAY too much when you purchase colostrum in capsules, that’s why I do it myself as you do!

Best!

Lori

Trudi
    Participant

Great information! Thanks for posting it.

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Krys
    Participant

Thanks Lori and Ruffian!
    Encapsulating herbs and supplements oneself has added advantages: much cheaper, very empowering (it gives me a sense of added control over my health which I don’t get from bought supps), it is superior to ready bought supps because it’s free from additives and agents used to speed up the encapsulation process, which incidentally impair absorption….

Great links, Ruffian!
    It is so awesome that there is so much one can do to speed up the healing….
    May we all recover and enjoy radiant health soon!
    Krys

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.