Home Forums General Discussion CMV and Scleroderma? Co-infections…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    aynurrzepa
    Participant

Hi,

Has anybody heard of connection betweeen CMV and SD or other rheumatic/ connective tissue deceases?

If one had CMV (I think I had as I vauguely remember testing positive for CMV antibodies, I”m double checking on this) can it contribure to your rheumatic decease and would it require specific dealing with as a co-infection, to make AP more effective?

I am trying to see what could be my possible co-infecitons… I still plan to take Lyme test (I could have been infected through a moscito bite as I cannot rememebr tick bite however have been in tick areas a few times)…and I am lookign for more infections to address? I am also doing periodic ASO tests for step – so far negative but Dr. S recommends I keep doing them every 6 months and treat with suitable abx the moment I test positive for ASO (I do have strong history of strep infections, it maybe even was THE trigger for my SD!)…

But even if there is SD and CMV conneciton, any idea how it’s treated at all? Can virus be treated? Or does CMV turn into L-shapes like strep? Any idea or literature i coudl read on this?

Thanks!

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

See the final entry on the list at this link:

http://sclero.org/medical/causes/environmental/infections.html#bacterial

Very interesting that this scleroderma organization is highly opposed to AP therapy yets provides a woderfully comprehensive listing of current research that links various INFECTIONS with scleroderma.

Cheryl

aynurrzepa
    Participant

Thanks Cheryl. When I get definite info whether I had CMV or not I will start lookng into this closer… I wonder if any of the AP physicians treat CMV cause in SS patients…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.