Home Forums General Discussion Clindy IV or pills?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mlouise
    Participant

Hello, Has anyone ever used the clindy tablets instead of the IVs? Do you have similar results as the IV? Did you take the tablets at the same rate as the IVs? I would like to consider it for convenience, but just wanted to know others experience first. Louise

kater
    Participant

Hi Louise 😉
    I was on the Harvard Protocol which is the Minocin 100mg twice a day and Clindamycin 1200mg once a week. I was doing so well on it and all my symptoms and labs were improving. My energy was great! Then I discovered the Lyme and saw a new LLND who added a bunch more supplements and put the Clindamycin up to 1200mg 4 days on and 3 days off. I have been on that for 5 weeks now and not feeling so great. My skin tightened up again, stiff aching hands and feet and I am quite tired. 🙄 The doc says it is a herx and won’t add more meds until it settles but it is taking a while! I take a lot of extra probiotics after my Clindy days at it is very hard on the gut. I would give my eye teeth to try the IV’s as they are supposed to be the gold standard but seems impossible to get a doc to agree to it. If you can manage the IV’s (I think you are on them aren’t you?) if I were you I would count myself among the blessed and keep going–maybe switch to orals when you are closer to remission? I can’t really compare IV and oral as I haven’t done both but I am sure someone else will add more. Great to hear from you again. Be well!
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.