Home Forums General Discussion Clindy IV info

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tintap
    Participant

Those of you who had Clindy IVs – where was the IV inserted?

Maz
    Keymaster

@Tintap wrote:

Those of you who had Clindy IVs – where was the IV inserted?

Hi TinTap,

Long time, no see! πŸ™‚

When I have the IV clindy, doc inserts line into the inside of my elbow, in the crook of my arm. It remains there for the 5 day series (12 inch extension line wrapped with ace bandage) and, as I was doing the IVs, myself at home, I then pulled it out at the end (just slides out easily). He used a longer catheter (about 1.5 inches) for the 5 day series than for days (1 inch) when I just had two IVs and could pull the line at the end of the day.

How is everything going?

Tintap
    Participant

Hi Maz,
    So nice to see that you remember me πŸ™‚ . Things are okay. I have weaned off steroids. Sadly just oral Doxy is no longer working for me. Maybe its time for me to try IV clindy. Trying to talk one of the doctors I know into administering it – let me see how that goes πŸ™‚
    Cheers
    Tintap

Maz
    Keymaster

@Tintap wrote:

Hi Maz,
    So nice to see that you remember me πŸ™‚ . Things are okay. I have weaned off steroids. Sadly just oral Doxy is no longer working for me. Maybe its time for me to try IV clindy. Trying to talk one of the doctors I know into administering it – let me see how that goes πŸ™‚
    Cheers
    Tintap

Hi TinTap,

Great job getting off the steroids! Did you recently complete weaning? If so, could you be experiencing rebound flaring?

Is there any chance you can obtain minocycline in India, TinTap? Ranbaxy produces a generic that is made in India and sold here…just not sure if it’s available in India? Can’t remember if you tried mino first or not and then switched to doxy, or never tried mincycline? If not, I wonder if it might give you the boost you need as it works better for many folks than doxy.

Also, what is your current dose of doxy – still 100mg BID MWF? Sometimes adjusting dosage can turn things around, too, or adding a second complimentary oral abx.

It’s worth trialing the IV clindamycin, if you can swing it. For some, it makes an enormous difference and can also quash flares (see Carol Lange’s story in the Scammell book).

Dr. S. may be able to offer you some insight if you would like to send him an email, too. Do you have his contact info?

Here are some links on the main site that discusses options for non-responders and those who have hit a plateau in progress…maybe these links will provide some ideas for you on things to tweak:

https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/education.display/display_id/131.html

https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/education.display/display_id/89.html

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.