Home Forums General Discussion Clindamycin IV this week

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    emmaline
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve been on mino since April 2015 for my RA and last month decided it was time to give the tx a boost. I have definitely seen improvement since starting AP. I just felt I had plateaued. Tomorrow is my last day of IV Clindamycin tx with Dr. S. I’m really hoping to see some good results. He seems certain it will help. In fact I met many of the nurses that said, “oh, it works” and a man at the hotel who said his sister had RA and was cured by Dr. S. Of course, we know there is no cure, but remission is possible.
    I actually feel pretty good in my joints, but had all-over body aches and extreme fatigue today, but not really much swelling. He started me on mino 100mg 2X/day everyday last month and I didn’t herx, which I thought was weird since 200mg, twice on MWF (1200/wk) made me herx. He has me taking 200mg more 1400mg a week. Anyone have a guess as to why that worked better for me? Anyway, I’m excited to finally have this treatment done and I’m praying it will “boost” things like it says. Bless you all Road-Backers!

RA since june 2013
    mino since 4/2015
    Clindamycin IV Nov 30-Dec 4

jasregadoo

I would think that 100 mg bid (2x a day) is easier on your system than 200 mg bid (2x a day). That is likely why you were herxing on that dose, even though your weekly dose is higher now, your daily dose is much lower (1/2) on the days that you were taking it.

I’m glad that AP is working, and I hope the Clindy helps as well! Clindy isn’t an option for me (too expensive) but I’m getting good results with just AP thus far.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.