Home Forums General Discussion cholestrol

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi , just a question about cholestrol. My LDL, the bad cholestrol as they call it, is just above the upper level of 7.3-it is 7.7. -that is with a random blood test . However when i fast and have a blood test it goes even higher??? I was wondering if anyone else had ever experienced this. or heard about it? kind Regards Di.

BTW Lynnie, thank you for helping me with the post, seems ok now. Kind Regards Di. 🙂

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

You’re welcome Di.

Those numbers are pretty high. It might be worth you checking with your doc what he/she thinks that might be about.
    By the way, those choleseterol numbers wont mean anything to the U.S. folk – their levels are measured on a very different scale.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Hi Lynnie, i have spoken to my GP and he said to cut down on animal fat , but i rarely have any? I also asked the Rheumatologist about it , and she said sometimes when you have a lot of inflammation your cholestrol can be low , and when you have the inflammation under control it can rise again? My inflammation levels are all normal at the moment, and i feel really well? I was really wondering if anyone had the experience of their cholestrol rising when they fasted before a blood test , when i thought it usually went down? My HDL the good cholestrol level is excellent , as are my triglicerides. Kind Regards Di.

A Friend
    Participant

@dianne-sunshinecoast wrote:

Hi , just a question about cholestrol. My LDL, the bad cholestrol as they call it, is just above the upper level of 7.3-it is 7.7. -that is with a random blood test . However when i fast and have a blood test it goes even higher??? I was wondering if anyone else had ever experienced this. or heard about it? kind Regards Di.

Di,
    If you do a search using the words: Cholesterol and Vitamin C, many links will show up. When we have lots of stress going on and are ill, etc., this can add to the body burden and make us even more Vitamin C deficient, a form of scurvy. I just did the random search using the suggested words above, and copied and pasted this one found (there were many):
    http://ezinearticles.com/?Vitamin-C-and-Cholesterol&id=5319950

Since I added high-dose Vitamin C to my daily supplement intake, my cholesterol numbers (especially my HDL already high and excellent) have gotten even better. In fact, my HDL had risen so high that the Lab recalculated my LDL to be much lower than the number it showed. My PCP and I both were amazed.

There is an article on Arthritistrust.org by Dr. Cathcart that has been very helpful to me in deciding which which type Vitamin C to take — I decided on 1/4 teaspoon of sodium ascorbate and 1/4 teaspoon of calcium ascorbate, stir both of these into a beverage, and drink with meals to avoid bowel intolerance. The best dose is just short of bowel intolerance. The amount can change, as body conditions and health change; so we adjust the dosage accordingly. To read the article, these are links to the web site and the alphabetical titles of the articles:
    http://www.arthritistrust.com/menu_list/Articles_important.html
    Vitamin C: How to Use the Great Missing Vitamin Robert F. Cathcart, III, M.D. – PDF

Good luck,
    AF

Dear Friend, thank you so much for your reply. Sorry it’s taken me so long to reply, but my rural area is not very good @ the moment for computer reception, especially when it is raining , and we have been having quite a lot , our little village has been flooded 4 times in a year. I haven’t had time to look @ the information as yet , but will certainly do so as soon as i can. It logged my memory , about 25yrs ago i had a blood screen with a naturopath , and was told i was low in cit.c. However that is when all my stress and sbsequent health problems began , and have not thought about it till your post, so thank you very much for that . take care . Kind Regards Di.

JoAnnC68
    Participant

For your info…
    On Dr. Oz yesterday they talked about Cholesterol:

The Doctors Who Say Everything You Know About Cholesterol Is Wrong

http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/doctors-who-say-everything-you-know-about-cholesterol-wrong#cmpid=em041713

Have a Wonderful Day!
    Jo Ann

Diagnosed with RA Jan 2012
    Oct 2015- RF has dropped to 19!!! Isn't that Great! ?! I'm feeling wonderful! I'm still taking Mino 2 x daily...if I don't forget!
    Oct 2014 RF has dropped to 23.1!! Taking Mino 100mg 2 x daily. No Pains & doing great!!
    Oct 2013-RF has dropped to 40.9!!! Feeling Wonderful!!
    7-17-2013 I'm going Great!! Still taking mino 100mg twice daily. No pains or Complaints!
    5-9-2013 RA Dr said I was doing good, I could stop taking prednisone since I dropped to 1/2 mg...so will

Dear Friend/Joann, Thank you both very much for the info on cholestrol, am going to try the sodium Ascorbate/calcium Ascorbate, given the test all those years ago, i would say i need them for sure. I also watched the dr.Oz Video, i have been thinking along those lines for a little while now , i would love to get the book about it , and do more research. Thanking you both very much once again. take care. Kind Regards Di.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.